Paging VOS- How Useful is Capnometer?
Vos, i set up co2 machine. How vital is capnometry towards ensurijg adequate co2? I have respect for carbogenetics guy, i buy his carbogen generator, has capnometer for $400. I maybe buy. Thx.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(02-09-2017, 08:50 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: Vos, i set up co2 machine. How vital is capnometry towards ensurijg adequate co2? I have respect for carbogenetics guy, i buy his carbogen generator, has capnometer for $400. I maybe buy. Thx.

I just try to adjust the level of CO2 until I am breathing fast or deep enough that I can't pause my breath  after exhaling. 

Eventually, as i can tolerate more CO2, I find that I can turn the CO2 stream up a little more. 

This varies for me from time to time, and is also different for each person. Using the capnometer to set the CO2 to one level for all is not practical.

I have a device to measure CO2 concentration but seldom use it. As someone else here noted, the readings vary greatly depending on a number of factors. All that's really needed is to count the seconds you can hold your breath after fully exhaling.
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
(02-09-2017, 06:04 PM)VoS Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 08:50 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: Vos, i set up co2 machine. How vital is capnometry towards ensurijg adequate co2? I have respect for carbogenetics guy, i buy his carbogen generator, has capnometer for $400. I maybe buy. Thx.

I just try to adjust the level of CO2 until I am breathing fast or deep enough that I can't pause my breath  after exhaling. 

Eventually, as i can tolerate more CO2, I find that I can turn the CO2 stream up a little more. 

This varies for me from time to time, and is also different for each person. Using the capnometer to set the CO2 to one level for all is not practical.

I have a device to measure CO2 concentration but seldom use it. As someone else here noted, the readings vary greatly depending on a number of factors. All that's really needed is to count the seconds you can hold your breath after fully exhaling.

Does this Carbogen Breathing product generate its own CO2? Will it allow me not to go through the hassle of refilling a canister with CO2 at a welding store?
(02-09-2017, 11:16 PM)tastyfood Wrote:

Does this Carbogen Breathing product generate its own CO2? Will it allow me not to go through the hassle of refilling a canister with CO2 at a welding store?

No, must still have canister. Machine controls mixture and heats gas.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(02-10-2017, 12:45 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote:

Why would the gas need to be heated? What is the added benefit of a $500 gadget as opposed to the simple cheap solution that VOS proposed?

Why would the gas need to be heated? What is the added benefit of a $500 gadget as opposed to the simple cheap solution that VOS proposed?
(02-10-2017, 01:00 AM)tastyfood Wrote:

Nevermind I'm looking at the reasons here: https://www.carbogenetics.com/product/ca...generator/
(02-10-2017, 01:01 AM)tastyfood Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 01:00 AM)tastyfood Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 06:04 PM)VoS Wrote: I just try to adjust the level of CO2 until I am breathing fast or deep enough that I can't pause my breath  after exhaling. 

Nevermind I'm looking at the reasons here: https://www.carbogenetics.com/product/ca...generator/

Yeah he's discontinuing for legal reasons. Im getting one of the last ones. He should open co2 spas because the cost of ownership is prohibitive. Wanted to get co2 bag but too expensive.