Muscle Gain for giraffe metabolism
(10-06-2017, 07:07 PM)Mittir Wrote: ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote
Quote:Wanted go say thanks for your help ... i was skeptical but tried the kefiran and i must say it seems to be working. Any thoughts on ritanserin and detriment to libido? I don't suppose you're a fan of riaximin? I jave some on the way because flagyl, though it got things moving for me, had many side effects. I haddescending colon inflammation and burning, from the spenic flexure down, but tbe kefiran does seem to be helping quite a bit. Anyways the main thing i wanted to say was thank you for suggesting the kefiran.

I hope you did not use Ritanserin, it has serious side effects. Firstly, Ritanserin has two fluorine-carbon
bond. RP mentioned in an email regarding anti histamines Claritin that molecule with carbon- fluorine and carbon-chlorine causes liver damage

RP has also mentioned that most anti-serotonin drugs are problematic in long term
and cyrpoheptadine being the safest. Ritanserin increases QT interval in only 10 weeks
study and increased QT interval is associated with sudden death from heart disease.
QT interval is not increased in cyproheptadine use. It only took few minutes of googling
to find out that Ritanserin has serious side effects.  I asked Ray Peat about
Ritanserin and he replied that he never recommended it to anyone.

Ritanserin in the treatment of cocaine dependence
Author links open overlay panelBankole A.JohnsonaY. RichardChenaAlan C.SwannaJoySchmitzaJaryLesseraPedroRuizaPhilipJohnsonbChristopherClydec
Show more

https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3223(96)00490-8Get rights and content

Sixty-five cocaine-dependent subjects were enrolled into a 10-week randomized, double-blind study to determine the safety and efficacy of the serotonin-2 receptor antagonist, ritanserin (10 mg/day), in reducing cocaine consumption and craving. All subjects also participated in a structured intensive outpatient psychosocial program. Seventy-three percent of the participants completed the treatment program and follow-up. Subjects experienced a significant reduction in craving: 66.4% and 32.5% for the placebo and ritanserin groups, respectively. These reductions in craving were not paralleled by substantial decreases in cocaine use. Self-reported cocaine use was less frequent in the placebo group; paradoxically, blood levels of its metabolite, benzoylecgonine, were also higher although insignificantly so. Generally, ritanserin was well tolerated but significantly prolonged the QTc interval on the electrocardiogram. This outpatient program is effective at maintaining cocaine-dependent individuals in treatment and reducing craving. Ritanserin (10 mg/day) is not an efficacious adjunct to psychosocial treatment for cocaine dependence.
Key Words

J Pharmacol Sci. 2014;124(1):92-8. Epub 2013 Dec 27.
The conventional antihistamine drug cyproheptadine lacks QT-interval-prolonging action in halothane-anesthetized guinea pigs: comparison with hydroxyzine.
Kobayashi K1Omuro NTakahara A.
Author information

Abstract
Antihistamines are known to belong to the chemical class that may induce long QT syndrome. Among them, cyproheptadine has been shown to exert multifaceted actions on the ventricular repolarization phase; namely, shortening of the action potential duration at supra-therapeutic concentrations of 2 - 8 μM and prolongation of the QT interval at ≥ 10 μM. Since information is limited regarding the in vivo electrophysiological effects of cyproheptadine, we assessed it using the halothane-anesthetized guinea-pig model, which was compared with effects of another antihistamine drug, hydroxyzine. Sub-therapeutic to therapeutic doses of hydroxyzine at 1 and 10 mg/kg, i.v. prolonged the QT interval and duration of monophasic action potential, whereas therapeutic to supra-therapeutic doses of cyproheptadine at 0.1 and 1 mg/kg, i.v. hardly affected the indices of ventricular repolarization. These results suggest that cyproheptadine may be categorized into antihistamines with little effect on the ventricular repolarization
Wow! Useful information. So that's why haidut removed it ... i did use it briefly during a period of desperation. Ive been using 5% dhea im coconut oil and vitamin e per a recommendation from ray and ive had definite improvments in the last couple weeks. Quite amazing.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(10-06-2017, 07:07 PM)Mittir Wrote: ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote
Quote:Wanted go say thanks for your help ... i was skeptical but tried the kefiran and i must say it seems to be working. Any thoughts on ritanserin and detriment to libido? I don't suppose you're a fan of riaximin? I jave some on the way because flagyl, though it got things moving for me, had many side effects. I haddescending colon inflammation and burning, from the spenic flexure down, but tbe kefiran does seem to be helping quite a bit. Anyways the main thing i wanted to say was thank you for suggesting the kefiran.

I hope you did not use Ritanserin, it has serious side effects. Firstly, Ritanserin has two fluorine-carbon
bond. RP mentioned in an email regarding anti histamines Claritin that molecule with carbon- fluorine and carbon-chlorine causes liver damage

RP has also mentioned that most anti-serotonin drugs are problematic in long term
and cyrpoheptadine being the safest. Ritanserin increases QT interval in only 10 weeks
study and increased QT interval is associated with sudden death from heart disease.
QT interval is not increased in cyproheptadine use. It only took few minutes of googling
to find out that Ritanserin has serious side effects.  I asked Ray Peat about
Ritanserin and he replied that he never recommended it to anyone.

Ritanserin in the treatment of cocaine dependence
Author links open overlay panelBankole A.JohnsonaY. RichardChenaAlan C.SwannaJoySchmitzaJaryLesseraPedroRuizaPhilipJohnsonbChristopherClydec
Show more

https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3223(96)00490-8Get rights and content

Sixty-five cocaine-dependent subjects were enrolled into a 10-week randomized, double-blind study to determine the safety and efficacy of the serotonin-2 receptor antagonist, ritanserin (10 mg/day), in reducing cocaine consumption and craving. All subjects also participated in a structured intensive outpatient psychosocial program. Seventy-three percent of the participants completed the treatment program and follow-up. Subjects experienced a significant reduction in craving: 66.4% and 32.5% for the placebo and ritanserin groups, respectively. These reductions in craving were not paralleled by substantial decreases in cocaine use. Self-reported cocaine use was less frequent in the placebo group; paradoxically, blood levels of its metabolite, benzoylecgonine, were also higher although insignificantly so. Generally, ritanserin was well tolerated but significantly prolonged the QTc interval on the electrocardiogram. This outpatient program is effective at maintaining cocaine-dependent individuals in treatment and reducing craving. Ritanserin (10 mg/day) is not an efficacious adjunct to psychosocial treatment for cocaine dependence.
Key Words

J Pharmacol Sci. 2014;124(1):92-8. Epub 2013 Dec 27.
The conventional antihistamine drug cyproheptadine lacks QT-interval-prolonging action in halothane-anesthetized guinea pigs: comparison with hydroxyzine.
Kobayashi K1Omuro NTakahara A.
Author information

Abstract
Antihistamines are known to belong to the chemical class that may induce long QT syndrome. Among them, cyproheptadine has been shown to exert multifaceted actions on the ventricular repolarization phase; namely, shortening of the action potential duration at supra-therapeutic concentrations of 2 - 8 μM and prolongation of the QT interval at ≥ 10 μM. Since information is limited regarding the in vivo electrophysiological effects of cyproheptadine, we assessed it using the halothane-anesthetized guinea-pig model, which was compared with effects of another antihistamine drug, hydroxyzine. Sub-therapeutic to therapeutic doses of hydroxyzine at 1 and 10 mg/kg, i.v. prolonged the QT interval and duration of monophasic action potential, whereas therapeutic to supra-therapeutic doses of cyproheptadine at 0.1 and 1 mg/kg, i.v. hardly affected the indices of ventricular repolarization. These results suggest that cyproheptadine may be categorized into antihistamines with little effect on the ventricular repolarization

And ray said most serotonin is.produced in the lower bowel. I thinkna lot of nonresponders to ray's work have the same problem as i, because it's been an intensive balancing act every day of my life with this.problems.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]