Culture is a control system, programmed to maintain the class system
Understanding this is a first step toward discovering what we, as organisms in a half-destroyed ecosystem, really need, and what we can want and intend.

- Ray Peat

https://reformermag.com/on-culture-gover...6dfe8af599
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
I think that as individuals, we need a culture and a civilization, because without it we would not be human, just see the example of feral child that have grown far from any human groups, they don't even walk on their two legs.

On the other hand, we have to implement into our culture that we need to abolish coercion as much as possible so that the individual doesn't have to clash with the community (communitarism and communisms have been in fact the domination of few individuals that force their wills on large groups of people) and truely educate people about their own psychology and body. http://brucelevine.net/how-societies-wit...l-illness/

Science and life would really evolve in such a system where people really live to find the truth (no problems of ego and conflicts of interest, mania over earning a lot of money and fear of scarcity) and in harmony between their individualism, communautarism and the environment.
Perhaps the behaviour is a current reflection of human nature,lowered energy, it's not for lack of coherent higher energy potential in the environment.
(11-30-2016, 03:42 AM)Arborescence Wrote: I think that as individuals, we need a culture and a civilization, because without it we would not be human, just see the example of feral child that have grown far from any human groups, they don't even walk on their two legs.

On the other hand, we have to implement into our culture that we need to abolish coercion as much as possible so that the individual doesn't have to clash with the community (communitarism and communisms have been in fact the domination of few individuals that force their wills on large groups of people) and truely educate people about their own psychology and body. http://brucelevine.net/how-societies-wit...l-illness/

Science and life would really evolve in such a system where people really live to find the truth (no problems of ego and conflicts of interest, mania over earning a lot of money and fear of scarcity) and in harmony between their individualism, communautarism and the environment.

I think we have to do away wth culture completely, always resist culture.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Maybe a preface saying "current western culture," as this is what I assume he means.

Bonobos seem to prove that a harmonious human culture is within the realm of possibility.

And I have seen what may be some excellent examples of human culture, for instance in isolated areas of Thailand, Japan, and the Philippines.
(02-01-2017, 02:03 AM)sm1693 Wrote: Maybe a preface saying "current western culture," as this is what I assume he means.

Bonobos seem to prove that a harmonious human culture is within the realm of possibility.

And I have seen what may be some excellent examples of human culture, for instance in isolated areas of Thailand, Japan, and the Philippines.

Thailand and Japan have the heaviest and most fascist cultures in all of asia I would say (maybe not Philippines). The fact that they all(Philippines included) value on face being nice makes you believe as a tourist that they are nice cultures, but if you would spend considerable time there with the locals (5 years) you would get to know the complexities behind that "face" and coming back to western city/culture could feel like "freedom" or a relief (for a while at least).

Ive been to near 100 countries in the world. All cultures works exactly the same just the values differ. They are also are going through change all the time causing dissonance and confusion in the groups and bodies theyre imposed/inherited/"squatting" on.
(02-01-2017, 01:25 PM)mahounie Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 02:03 AM)sm1693 Wrote: Maybe a preface saying "current western culture," as this is what I assume he means.

Thailand and Japan have the heaviest and most fascist cultures in all of asia I would say (maybe not Philippines). The fact that they all(Philippines included) value on face being nice makes you believe as a tourist that they are nice cultures, but if you would spend considerable time there with the locals (5 years) you would get to know the complexities behind that "face" and coming back to western city/culture could feel like "freedom" or a relief (for a while at least).

Ive been to near 100 countries in the world. All cultures works exactly the same just the values differ. They are also are going through change all the time causing dissonance and confusion in the groups and bodies theyre imposed/inherited/"squatting" on.

I have lived in the Philippines and Japan. My comment only refers to very specific isolated areas in these countries. The isolation minimizes interference from what are otherwise pretty normal cultures and governments, in terms of oppression. The diets in these specific local areas are naturally excellent.

An excellent diet, lack of toxins, and lack of overwhelming oppression is how I would characterize bonobo society. It's not a fantasyland; bad things still happen to good monkeys.
(02-01-2017, 03:32 PM)sm1693 Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 01:25 PM)mahounie Wrote:

I have lived in the Philippines and Japan. My comment only refers to very specific isolated areas in these countries. The isolation minimizes interference from what are otherwise pretty normal cultures and governments, in terms of oppression. The diets in these specific local areas are naturally excellent.

An excellent diet, lack of toxins, and lack of overwhelming oppression is how I would characterize bonobo society. It's not a fantasyland; bad things still happen to good monkeys.
Yeah well I think its just generally rural (smaller population density and, more isolation) communities have less stressors and pressure. They have relatively well of (and super "nice" people) in rural communities in Europe and US as well.

The only place in the world where some human beings operate freely as animals outside the cultural and thought sphere is some people in West Africa. I mean places that are not marked in maps of the world and there are no ATMs to draw money from. From long time expats (5+ years married to local) there you will hear some "wild" stories (For a westerner). a Woman "smelling" when other woman friend is pregnant and asking when did you get pregnant. People too old 100-200 (No paper systems here to keep records though.. no proof). Also walking through fires without harm and other totally weird shit... A different context. Diet is nothing just some maize porridge or fufu splurted from plastic bags, rat soups and papays or mangoes stolen from trees hah. These things just happen theres no proof it cant be reacted or brought upon again to be replicated and studied... You go there to ask and you will see just half naked people sitting on their asses ready to rip you off and send you packing haha TIA