Best food for profound grief
(11-16-2016, 01:07 PM)halken Wrote: The best food for profound grief?

Radical acceptance.

At halken,  True.  I needed a few days to grieve and get over the shock first.  Feeling a little better now.
(11-16-2016, 11:42 AM)Sea Wrote: I think it does depend on how well you can digest certain foods, but for stress I like: Ice cream, macaroni and cheese, cheese burgers and pizza. With bad digestion, I think that honey and lower fat protein sources like greek yogurt, cottage cheese+salt, or lower fat meats like grilled chicken can all digest pretty well even with elevated stress hormones and a lack of appetite.

At Sea,  I am lucky that digestion isn't too much of a problem.  It seems like ice cream helps with so many things Shy
(11-17-2016, 04:28 PM)PositiveEnergy Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 05:07 AM)bailadora Wrote: Ice cream with maple syrup.
It's not food but lysine supplement helping me a lot these days.
Oh and stay away from social media if that is a trigger.

At bailadora, you are right about staying away from social media.  Even that other ray peat forum is so peppered with alt right type posts that I can't even go there for all of the useful information without feeling my anxiety skyrocket. 
I've never tried lysine.  Is it similar to theanine?
Yes it's an amino acid similar to theanine. I don't get sedation from it though. Natedawggh posted about it's effects for aleviating depression. I tried it a few times and didn't feel much but recently tried it again and it helps with my mood. 
I don't go over to the other forum anymore either. It's disturbing that so many will follow the few and allow bad practices and intolerance. There's historical precedents for this type of behavior in this kind of political climate but everybody seems to want to blindly follow without questioning except for a very few. I can't be a part of that no matter how much valuable info is over there. There are better ways.
coca cola
(11-16-2016, 05:06 AM)VoS Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 03:09 AM)Thegiantess Wrote: I have found since the election I crave fat. And chocolate. Just eat what sounds best when you're stressed.

Me, too. Sometimes I eat so much fat, chocolate, sugar, candy, and anything else that sounds good at the time, that people look at me like I'm crazy. I guess I do look a little crazy with my long hair and long beard that I never cut. 

And yet I have about 8% body fat, and can swim in ice cold water without shivering, and mostly do yoga breathing for exercise, and long walks in nature. 

Peace.

Well you can lose weight even on candies for sure. If you are in calorie deficit.. ( I am assuming you are not..) How many calories a day are you eating? I am working on my metabolism as well. Years and years of stress,excessive exercise, calorie restrictions.. My goal is to be warm all the time, eat at least 4000kcal a day and be lean.. I am also learning how to breath properly. Mainly nose breathing to the belly(not with expanding rib cage..) especially on my bike. I would love to walk in nature, but I hate it. I like to ride my bike, but not full gas for 5 hours like before.. Just easy rides around 1-2 hours + how many sugar I want during... I am breathing through nose most of the time(unless I go uphill) so this limits how hard I can go..
YuraCz, what do you eat to get 4000 kcal?