Best food for profound grief
What peaty foods help lift your mood? This election has left me feeling very sad. Sad
I have found since the election I crave fat. And chocolate. Just eat what sounds best when you're stressed.
(11-16-2016, 03:09 AM)Thegiantess Wrote: I have found since the election I crave fat. And chocolate. Just eat what sounds best when you're stressed.

Me, too. Sometimes I eat so much fat, chocolate, sugar, candy, and anything else that sounds good at the time, that people look at me like I'm crazy. I guess I do look a little crazy with my long hair and long beard that I never cut. 

And yet I have about 8% body fat, and can swim in ice cold water without shivering, and mostly do yoga breathing for exercise, and long walks in nature. 

Peace.
I think it does depend on how well you can digest certain foods, but for stress I like: Ice cream, macaroni and cheese, cheese burgers and pizza. With bad digestion, I think that honey and lower fat protein sources like greek yogurt, cottage cheese+salt, or lower fat meats like grilled chicken can all digest pretty well even with elevated stress hormones and a lack of appetite.
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
The best food for profound grief?

Radical acceptance.
(11-16-2016, 01:07 PM)halken Wrote: The best food for profound grief?

Radical acceptance.

Yeah, agree. But I'm not skilled at that. Peating, that I can do. I can peat.
Ice cream with maple syrup.
It's not food but lysine supplement helping me a lot these days.
Oh and stay away from social media if that is a trigger.
(11-16-2016, 03:09 AM)Thegiantess Wrote: I have found since the election I crave fat. And chocolate. Just eat what sounds best when you're stressed.

Ah yes, chocolate seems to be very helpful! Shy
(11-16-2016, 05:06 AM)VoS Wrote:

Me, too. Sometimes I eat so much fat, chocolate, sugar, candy, and anything else that sounds good at the time, that people look at me like I'm crazy. I guess I do look a little crazy with my long hair and long beard that I never cut. 

And yet I have about 8% body fat, and can swim in ice cold water without shivering, and mostly do yoga breathing for exercise, and long walks in nature. 

Peace.

Vos, It sounds like you have an amazing metabolism!!
(11-17-2016, 05:07 AM)bailadora Wrote: Ice cream with maple syrup.
It's not food but lysine supplement helping me a lot these days.
Oh and stay away from social media if that is a trigger.

At bailadora, you are right about staying away from social media.  Even that other ray peat forum is so peppered with alt right type posts that I can't even go there for all of the useful information without feeling my anxiety skyrocket. 
I've never tried lysine.  Is it similar to theanine?