When a Peat diet fails - Kate Deering
"I think it is important to understand that consuming metabolically foods is just one piece of the health/healing puzzle.

I have had a few people contact me that tell me they are consuming tons of dairy, fruit, OJ, salt, liver, etc. and they are not feeling any better--in fact, they think they are feeling worse...

Well, I believe a few things may be happening here...

1. Too many changes-too quickly. Changing the diet dramatically is stressful, even if the changes are more metabolically supportive. I experienced this when I shifted my diet. I went from low carb to high dairy, saturated fat, fruit, orange juice, etc. and by body went haywire for a while. Make small shifts--slowly.

2. You may need to heal the gut first. If your gut is damaged, you may need to work on healing the gut first, before adding in tons of dairy--especially milk.

3. Your body is not adapted to utilizing sugars as energy. If you are coming from a low carb diet, you may have shifted your body into becoming a fat-burner. To be able to utilize sugars better, slowly add in more sugars while decreasing fat intake.

4. You are eating too much or too little. This is why food logging is imperative. When shifting foods try and consume the same amount of calories--initially, and then slowly add more. Log temp and pulse to understand if what you are doing, is working.

5. Give it time. Unlike other "diets", seeing the benefits (especially weight loss) of a more metabolically supportive diet can take time. It took you 10, 20, 30, 40 plus years to get to where you are at-health wise--you are not going to be healed in 30, 60, 90 days.

6. You may need thyroid hormone support. Thyroid hormone, if deficient or is not converting in your liver, will lead to a slower running metabolism and slow results.

7. You may have a fatty or slow functioning liver. An overburdened or fatty liver, will affect thyroid conversion, blood sugar regulation, detoxifying estrogen, and hundreds of other functions. Nourish the liver with B vitamins, Caffeine, sugar, taurine, K2, enough protein, etc.

8. Check your stress bucket. What other stressors (lack of sleep, job, relationship, kids, trauma, poor body function, exercise, etc. could be contributing to you poor health.

Bottom line: Become your own health detective, experiment, record your findings, ask for help if you need it, and be open to shifts and changes..."

No Kate, how about it's simply that when someone consumes "tons of dairy, fruit, OJ, salt, liver, etc. and they are not feeling any better--in fact, they think they are feeling worse..." it's because it doesn't work for them, because it's a ridiculous diet for most people.

Also Kate said that "greens" have PUFA, yea, so do eggs and oysters..Also, why ignore the pro-greens Peat quotes?
People don't listen to their own bodies nowadays. As long as (insert trusted guru here) says it's good, then it's good without question even with all the glaringly obvious issues. There's a lot to learn from Peat but there's more parroting than actual investigation... so much for "Perceive, think, act".