The Body Electric by Robert Becker
I was totally blown away by this book. Literally every possible topic is covered that remotely has to do with humans and electricity.

It was also pretty sad; Becker's research could have easily led to human limb regeneration, and solely because of weak jealous officials across various government agencies, his lab was shut down in 1981 and he was forced to retire.

Apparently no one has started up where he left off because I haven't seen much of anything about electricity being the stimulus behind most of the bodies processes. Apparently just like when you tell someone their powered devices are destroying their health, it is easiest for them to ignore you; I guess it has also been easiest to ignore Becker's whole body of research because it simply doesn't fit in with other things we "know."

If you're even remotely interested in science, you will love this book. It is also clear it heavily influenced Ray Peat's thinking.
(05-17-2018, 08:23 PM)sm1693 Wrote: I was totally blown away by this book. Literally every possible topic is covered that remotely has to do with humans and electricity.

It was also pretty sad; Becker's research could have easily led to human limb regeneration, and solely because of weak jealous officials across various government agencies, his lab was shut down in 1981 and he was forced to retire.

Apparently no one has started up where he left off because I haven't seen much of anything about electricity being the stimulus behind most of the bodies processes. Apparently just like when you tell someone their powered devices are destroying their health, it is easiest for them to ignore you; I guess it has also been easiest to ignore Becker's whole body of research because it simply doesn't fit in with other things we "know."

If you're even remotely interested in science, you will love this book. It is also clear it heavily influenced Ray Peat's thinking.
Which edition do you have? I got rhe first by mistake hope i dont miss too much
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
I'm not sure. Mine doesn't seem to include any info written after the original publish year of 1985.