"On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy"
Kyle is certainly a mouthbreather ... people like him are the problem. Would be great if charlie would ban that asshole.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Few days back, someone tried to break into the hosting account. Was forced to change the password.
Quote:1. I'm extremely sensitive to chemicals, as in synthetic chemicals in soaps, shampoos, etc. 
Skin gets red and blotchy if I use soap or shampoo with SLS in it. Scalp burns with SLS. 
Skin got itchy but not red or blotchy from DMSO. 

2. I've also used DMSO infrequently over the years, and I have never noticed any of the side-effects you mentioned. 
I've also never tasted the "garlic" or sulfur taste on the tongue even using 99% DMSO (topically).

3. Side-Effect Probability: Sick people can have no side-effects and healthy people can have side-effects. What matters is the probability of experiencing those side-effects. Supposedly Finasteride/Propecia/Anti-DHT hairloss drug has a probability of 1-5% for Erectile Dysfunction after using the medication. 

If 100 people use Finasteride and only 5 get Erectile Dysfunction, there could be 95 people benefiting from the drug. 

If a chemical helps people, why not use it? Especially if the risk of side effects is (x<1%).

4. I agree with you that side-effects need to be taken into consideration before taking any substance, but DMSO is benign.  I'm assuming you're equally disturbed by Yohimbe, an extremely unsafe stimulant. I've used Yohimbe and almost had to call an ambulance my heart was racing so fast. And yet there are people who use Yohimbe recreationally or for weight loss or for anti-fatigue purposes. 

5. DMSO treats at least one physical medical condition: Interstitial Cystitis (bladder)
I even saw pro-DMSO posters in my urologists office and this urologist is as mainstream as you can get.
https://www.ichelp.org/diagnosis-treatme...ions/dmso/

Overall, I disagree with you that DMSO is unsafe for the majority of people.

Somo, I think with supplements, or drugs it is important to understand what the molecule is doing, instead of choosing to ingest something based on the manufactures alleged probability of side effects. Haidut is a good example here, as he has consistently lied to his potential customers not only about the side effect profile of DMSO, but by denying that side effects which had been reported to him by myself, had ever been reported by his customers.

Ray Peat has explained that DMSO exerts negative metabolic effects and therefore should not be used for any prolonged duration. In the context of the Ray Peat community, people are attempting to increase their metabolic rates. Therefore, when a compound is found to lower body temperature, raise nitric oxide and histamine, and has the end result of overexciting cells leading to their premature deaths; this is not a compound that I think should be considered helpful or a good idea to experiment with.

You are correct in your assessment that I would not recommend "Yohimbe". I agree with Ray Peat's general stance regarding supplements which I think is well illustrated here:

"Because the quality of commercial nutritional supplements is dangerously low, the only supplement I generally advocate is vitamin E, and that should be used sparingly. Occasionally, I will suggest limited use of other supplements, but it is far safer in general to use real foods, and to exclude foods which are poor in nutrients. Magnesium is typically deficient in hypothyroidism, and the safest way to get it is by using orange juice and meats, and by using epsom salts baths;" (http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/ray-peat.htm)

The FDA may claim that DMSO treats Interstitial Cystitis, but in the Ray Peat community people generally don't subscribe to the pharmaceutical industry's theory of treating each symptom with a different drug or surgical intervention. Certainly, I subscribe to the idea that it is the metabolic rate which determines how fast we heal, and what types of diseases or aging we are susceptible to, and that is a mistake to treat specific problems like Interstitial Cystitis, instead of addressing the overall metabolic rate. Even Haidut has previously debunked the FDA here:

"The FDA has maintained for years that glyphosate is safe but has refused to test food samples for its presence. When public pressure for testing intensified the FDA finally started some tests in 2017 but the process was immediately tested by evidence that a top EPA official involved in the testing was openly collaborating with Monsanto and trying to derail the tests or skew their results. Well, it appears that the FDA is always part of the scam. As the article below shows, while the tests on "official food samples" performed by the FDA did not find any glyphosate, FDA's own scientists conducted their own tests on their own food they commonly eat and found glyphosate levels exceeding multiple times the allowed limits in every food they tested. Keep in mind that even the allowed limits are known to cause cancer in lab animals, but at the levels found in common foods as reported by these scientists the glyphosate's effects are probably going to manifest in a matter of months instead of years." (https://raypeatforum.com/community/threa...ted.23875/)
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
(04-18-2018, 06:35 PM)Zozo Wrote: Yeah, the insults are very personal and thus very hard to explain to others, so it's to be expected that my sanity is questioned. Hacking someone in particular doesn't seem difficult (phishing, tampering with kernel, ...). Identifying a hacker like that is pretty much impossible. I'd definitely consider myself paranoid and delusional if that monster pic of Pranarupa was my only lead. The pictures were analogous in expression, hair, ... to pictures taken of me at the same time, which seemed real weird. It's part of a bigger whole.

I can definitely verify some of what Zozo has been saying in this thread. I have witnessed Dan Wich spreading the rumor that Zozo had a mental disorder on Facebook. Dan Wich announced virtually every new Idealabs(Haidut) supplement in Ray Peat Facebook groups as they were released, so he does seem to be connected to this group which Zozo alleges has been harassing him.
In what group and when did the FB talk happen? It's most useful for them to blame it on supposed delusions. If I find some direct evidence I'll be sure to share it ...
@Zozo, it was in the "Ray Peat Fans" group. I started this thread when someone linked to your statement on peatarian.com in that group. I remember Brad Abrahams posted at the time, and denied any knowledge of anything in your original statement. At the time, me and several others criticized the actions of those people rushing to label you with a mental disorder, after which Dan Wich appeared remorseful and stated that he would probably delete his posts. I've searched again, and I'm fairly certain that the thread has since been deleted.
Thanks, I had heard of that post from someone but indeed, they removed it. I looked for an other post with my name that had been made before and that someone shared with me and it was also removed, though of course none of that means anything.
I'll be a bit direct about the group Christina Ieronymakis set up against me (she was a member of my forum but I do not know her personally). Their bullying is obvious (I confronted them all the time). As I said before, I ignored her calls in 2015 and by the end of that year she seemed to be bullying and never stopped. This included commenting on my body (teeth, hair, genitals, muscles or lack thereof, weight, I was said to look like a bear, a dog or a pug specifically, comments on the asymmetry in my face, or anything you'd expect a typical bully to do). Her friends claimed her to look 12 years old, said she is unbelievably pretty, proceeded to brand me a pedophile (it would be nice to know why since she dated an underage guy during her mid-twenties at the time). Here is how she actually looked (2016) :

[Image: Lz7JcR2.jpg]

At some point in 2016 I was watching some French youtube videos (half of my family only speaks French and every year I spent weeks there on vacation throughout my teenage years). They were permaculture videos, music, etc. Then Christina started to put things on her youtube that seemed like insults but in French. This happened a few times more while I still watched such videos. Later on she put up some link to some guy, and it linked to some twitter account which linked to some others. They were Christina's newfound friends and over the course of 2 years I gradually came to understand that they joined in on the party too. They're all French, gamers she found online.

Names are Alexandre Dufay (nickname 'MetaWendoh').

[Image: hVsKczx.png]

Simon Delauney

[Image: jXKwJcg.png]

and some guy named 'Shineaud'.

[Image: 6iFRFGT.png]

DanyCaligula also (crowdfunds, lives on donations, does his best to appear poor though, and has been a professional victim, complaining about rich people while he never tried to make money in a reasonable way, you know, by working)

[Image: JuJAAfo.png]

When I confronted these people personally they made obvious references, eg. parodying me when I contacted Christina's mother, or when I sent her a message on Skype. The mother reads my messages, ignores them. Seems to act like she has the moral high ground as per usual. Most of them do that.

--- UPDATE for example when I posted this, right after one of the ones above retweeted this :
https://imgur.com/a/JASbvpo
Typical references that never really proved that they were bullying but helped me to understand. They're 'coincidences' that would remain just that were it not that it must have happened more than a thousand times by now. I confront, they parody. Etc. They're from the 'banlieue', French ghetto if you will (it shows).

The bear thing is too hard to explain, goes back to stuff like this that Christina put on youtube and many things before that :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El75K6-CE2k
(read the lyrics, compare to drawings I made in 2013, maybe you'll get her taunting)
This was posted right when I contacted university officials. They sent her e-mails which she ignored for a month, during which she posted the video. I got angry eventually, put pressure on her mother, and managed to get her to respond. This halted the bullying for about a month. After that she started anew (though it has to be said that her French friends never stopped).
Charlotte Spampin also took part in it :

[Image: rjY6uSm.jpg]

and Laurine Sassano :

[Image: eCdfAJH.png]

Glenn Bokondo :

[Image: w54h0oA.png]

and Stijn Saenen

[Image: QKdL4JH.jpg]

Don't know what these people have against me but it's all Christina's handywork I guess (she's a psychologist!). The attitude is always the same ; I'm said to have done something wrong, and to deserve aggressive treatment. I am not told what I did wrong, but the damage they cause satisfies them and for now they've been able to get away with it (legally speaking). If something serious happens eg. when I started to get serious anger issues, end up in the hospital, ... the whole thing gets romanticized, as if they were just 'having fun'. It's just a big joke to them.

I found out that the other woman I mentioned before, who also laughed at me when ending up in surgery and in psychotherapy, apparently ended up in an asylum for the second time but got out of it by lying about having a boyfriend (so it seemed like someone was taking care of her). I found out by talking to her (she tends to be more easy-going). Also set up some people against me, like this guy (Jelle Vervaecke) :

[Image: oyIPWVL.png]

Many of the aforementioned make use of drugs, alcohol. Many are self-proclaimed 'communists', whatever it means anymore. All of them give advice on problems I developed in 2015 (depression, rumination), obviously due to their behavior.

Oh and Danny and Edward claimed to hate price-tags, now both have Patreons.
And Tim Enis
[Image: 2M6rflH.jpg]

Melody Van Geelen
[Image: sUpQ8au.png]

Megane Nousse
[Image: qkPrn0s.png]

Adrien (last name currently unbeknownst to me)
[Image: 0On7Zkl.jpg]

I got banned 4 times on RPForum. In 2 cases that seemed somewhat legitimate (I wrote sarcastic remarks and it seems like Charlie doesn't like disrespect). Made some post questioning Danny Roddy's claims on hair loss (and estrogen) because he was frustrating me with his remarks so I figured I'd call him out on that. French people parodied it, didn't get responses with arguments. Not that I know what's true anyways, but I found the experience interesting as it's always like that. They got comfy repeating Peat's work and it's more about selling than about science. Much of what remains these days seems to be just that, or social stuff (trying to give advice to others, having like-minded people around, being part of a movement, ...).

[Edit March 2019 ; a few days after I wrote the above paragraph, which was added the second of February, Roddy went sharing the exact studies I talked about on RPForum on his Twitter, just to piss me off. He routinely lies to people. Study was one on dogs, they lost some fur because of estrogen cream, presumably. It was from Ray Peat of course. Case studies which find no support in human studies so far, not to mention that in humans, body hair and scalp hair inversely correlate.]

Last year I stayed silent for months. I had been given antipsychotics before, and they thought I still took them, but I didn't (at the time). Just figured that since they didn't have a hold on my private life I could just shut up and move on. It didn't work. Several of them continued bullying using older material (photographs of me in 2015 etc.). It was mostly the French people and Kyle Mamounis, none of whom look healthy or behave in healthy ways. Then Roddy started posting stuff on the son of a CIA guy who said his dad was a 'nazy spy' and who stopped saying it when given meds. He grinned and laughed with that. After a while I got fed up and attacked them frontally and added to this thread. It seems to excite them, as if they find this incredibly enjoyable.

It's clear none of the coaches respond to contradictory evidence and use science as a sort of decoration. It's meant to make it look more objective, without bothering to read the actual data. They wouldn't be able to anyways, none of them know the statistical methods used in the studies they share. If you question you get ignored, or may even be attacked personally. Still they claim to be incredibly intelligent. Roddy is a college dropout, just repeats whatever Peat says, uses the same glossaries, refers to the same people, even responds to messages in the same way ('I think it is probably ok.', 'I think thyroid function would be important to look at.' etc.). Tells you to question authority, presumably by agreeing with Peat at all times since Peat's actually questioning 'authority' (at least what he defines as such).