"On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy"
I just saw the following post from the creator of peatarian.com. Does anyone know anything about any of this?

"I made this forum in 2012 to better gauge the validity of Peat's work, and closed it 3 years later for a variety of reasons.

Around the same time (in 2015), I was hacked by a group of people. These were people who knew each other well ; Danny Roddy, Brad Abrahams (producer of the 'On the Back of a Tiger' documentary), Pranarupa (now 'Vashin Vetala'), Christina Ieronymakis, Karen McCary, etc.

They went in my computer and commented on about every aspect of my private life, even my own mother. The comments were never short of extremely vile, and the numerous attempts I made to make it stop were ignored. Roddy to this day keeps blaming me for their hacking.

I'm at loss, do not know what to do, have contacted police stations twice, reset my computer, but never managed to make them leave.

I have no clue why this is done, why theses people keep doing this, why I'm always followed everywhere I go (online). All I do know is that, as my forum closed, Roddy set up a Patreon, Brad Abrahams crowdfunded 80k for his documentary, 'Haidut' (supposed to be a slav analogue of 'Robin Hood) set up a supplement store, Karen McCary started coaching, Charles Mathers (who runs RayPeatForum) and his family set up another supplement store, etc. 

Many people call this community a cult, I would agree with that."
(http://peatarian.com/55227/on-ray-peat-and-danny-roddy)
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
(11-19-2017, 08:42 PM)Sea Wrote: I just saw the following post from the creator of peatarian.com. Does anyone know anything about any of this?

"I made this forum in 2012 to better gauge the validity of Peat's work, and closed it 3 years later for a variety of reasons.

Around the same time (in 2015), I was hacked by a group of people. These were people who knew each other well ; Danny Roddy, Brad Abrahams (producer of the 'On the Back of a Tiger' documentary), Pranarupa (now 'Vashin Vetala'), Christina Ieronymakis, Karen McCary, etc.

They went in my computer and commented on about every aspect of my private life, even my own mother. The comments were never short of extremely vile, and the numerous attempts I made to make it stop were ignored. Roddy to this day keeps blaming me for their hacking.

I'm at loss, do not know what to do, have contacted police stations twice, reset my computer, but never managed to make them leave.

I have no clue why this is done, why theses people keep doing this, why I'm always followed everywhere I go (online). All I do know is that, as my forum closed, Roddy set up a Patreon, Brad Abrahams crowdfunded 80k for his documentary, 'Haidut' (supposed to be a slav analogue of 'Robin Hood) set up a supplement store, Karen McCary started coaching, Charles Mathers (who runs RayPeatForum) and his family set up another supplement store, etc. 

I wonder if that documentary will ever be finished ?
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(11-20-2017, 02:26 PM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 08:42 PM)Sea Wrote: I just saw the following post from the creator of peatarian.com. Does anyone know anything about any of this?

I wonder if that documentary will ever be finished ?

They said on facebook that it will be released at some point but they didn't know when.
When I read the post it reminded me of the following thread which discussed Charlie claiming his website was being hacked after which he installed software that severely violated the privacy of all active raypeatforum.com users. I wonder if Charlie was merely projecting.

http://raypeatforums.org/showthread.php?tid=137
I can believe a lot of this. Mainly i can believe charlie would do something like that.
Soon the "Ray Peat Community" needs a vegancheetah-type youtuber to report all the drama!
(11-25-2017, 02:24 AM)Damngoodcoffee Wrote: Soon the "Ray Peat Community" needs a vegancheetah-type youtuber to report all the drama!

looks more serious than drama, if true
It really sucks what you went through. There are definitely a lot of really hypothyroid people in the community that either never had the empathetic part of their brain develop, or don't have enough energy to properly access it in their current states. It's unfortunate because these types of people need the most help from forums and such, yet cause the most damage to them.

Install some basic security software if you havn't already. There are a lot of really good free firewalls and malware/virus scanners out there.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivi...588-5.html
I would never doubt your experience. I've experienced similar harassment, albeit nothing like you went through, from people in the community for exposing the danger of DMSO, which Haidut marketed to the community, despite Ray Peat issuing many warnings about the compound and many Idealab's supplements himself.

It sounds like certain people have severely gas lighted you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Ray Peat's explained that there isn't really a such thing as schizophrenia or any psychiatric disease, there are just various states of energy/levels of metabolism. Increasing the general metabolism is I think the only viable approach to correct all "diseases/disorders", and I am definitely not saying that you have one, quite the opposite as your posts are very coherent.
It seems to me like that person has no evidence that they were hacked by anyone in particular.

Isn't it more likely the person just bruteforced or had spyware on their computer? 

I'm not seeing any evidence of a conspiracy here.  Rolleyes

Quote:Sea
I would never doubt your experience. I've experienced similar harassment, albeit nothing like you went through, from people in the community for exposing the danger of DMSO, which Haidut marketed to the community, (DMSO is a local skin irritant, Haidut states in one of his DR podcasts. Skin irritation is temporary, so this isn't a huge concern.)

despite Ray Peat issuing many warnings about the compound and many Idealab's supplements himself.

It sounds like certain people have severely gas lighted you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Ray Peat's explained that there isn't really a such thing as schizophrenia or any psychiatric disease, there are just various states of energy/levels of metabolism. Increasing the general metabolism is I think the only viable approach to correct all "diseases/disorders", and I am definitely not saying that you have one, quite the opposite as your posts are very coherent.