"On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy"
I would never doubt your experience. I've experienced similar harassment, albeit nothing like you went through, from people in the community for exposing the danger of DMSO, which Haidut marketed to the community, despite Ray Peat issuing many warnings about the compound and many Idealab's supplements himself.

It sounds like certain people have severely gas lighted you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Ray Peat's explained that there isn't really a such thing as schizophrenia or any psychiatric disease, there are just various states of energy/levels of metabolism. Increasing the general metabolism is I think the only viable approach to correct all "diseases/disorders", and I am definitely not saying that you have one, quite the opposite as your posts are very coherent.
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
It seems to me like that person has no evidence that they were hacked by anyone in particular.

Isn't it more likely the person just bruteforced or had spyware on their computer? 

I'm not seeing any evidence of a conspiracy here.  Rolleyes

Quote:Sea
I would never doubt your experience. I've experienced similar harassment, albeit nothing like you went through, from people in the community for exposing the danger of DMSO, which Haidut marketed to the community, (DMSO is a local skin irritant, Haidut states in one of his DR podcasts. Skin irritation is temporary, so this isn't a huge concern.)

despite Ray Peat issuing many warnings about the compound and many Idealab's supplements himself.

It sounds like certain people have severely gas lighted you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Ray Peat's explained that there isn't really a such thing as schizophrenia or any psychiatric disease, there are just various states of energy/levels of metabolism. Increasing the general metabolism is I think the only viable approach to correct all "diseases/disorders", and I am definitely not saying that you have one, quite the opposite as your posts are very coherent.
(04-12-2018, 12:38 PM)SOMO Wrote: (DMSO is a local skin irritant, Haidut states in one of his DR podcasts. Skin irritation is temporary, so this isn't a huge concern.)

Somo, it is true that Haidut lied to his customers/potential customers when claiming that skin irritation is the only side effect from DMSO. A google search yields the real side effect profile for DMSO:

"Some side effects of taking DMSO include skin reactions, dry skin, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, breathing problems, vision problems, blood problems, and allergic reactions. DMSO also causes a garlic-like taste, and breath and body odor." (https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingred...lsulfoxide)

Further, DMSO has been studied in animals where it caused neurotoxicity, eye damage, and other side effects. In vitro, DMSO causes apoptosis in virtually every type of cell I think I've ever seen it tested on. Even Haidut posted a study on raypeatforum.com illustrating that DMSO lowers body temperature. Ray Peat cited the numerous metabolic lowering properties of DMSO, when warning against its usage. DMSO inhibits the bodies natural formation of steroids at least locally where it is applied. The problem with DMSO is that it easily penetrates the skin and has a very long half life. Therefore with consistent usage, as in a supplement, it is likely to exert its toxic effects systemically. Here are some threads that explore the dangers of DMSO in more detail:

http://www.raypeatforums.org/showthread.php?tid=342

http://www.raypeatforums.org/showthread.php?tid=343
@Zozo I made a post questioning the validity of your claims but upon reflection I don’t feel it’s right to question someone’s experience or question someone’s sanity especially if I don’t know more details about the event or know them personally and so I deleted it. If this stuff did happen it’s really messed up and I’m sorry you had to go through it.
(04-12-2018, 07:07 PM)Sea Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 12:38 PM)SOMO Wrote: (DMSO is a local skin irritant, Haidut states in one of his DR podcasts. Skin irritation is temporary, so this isn't a huge concern.)

Somo, it is true that Haidut lied to his customers/potential customers when claiming that skin irritation is the only side effect from DMSO. A google search yields the real side effect profile for DMSO:

"Some side effects of taking DMSO include skin reactions, dry skin, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, breathing problems, vision problems, blood problems, and allergic reactions. DMSO also causes a garlic-like taste, and breath and body odor." (https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingred...lsulfoxide)

Further, DMSO has been studied in animals where it caused neurotoxicity, eye damage (I don't know why someone would be putting DMSO in their eye, or are you saying that topical skin application of DMSO leads to eye damage?) , and other side effects. In vitro, DMSO causes apoptosis in virtually every type of cell I think I've ever seen it tested on. Even Haidut posted a study on raypeatforum.com illustrating that DMSO lowers body temperature. Ray Peat cited the numerous metabolic lowering properties of DMSO, when warning against its usage. DMSO inhibits the bodies natural formation of steroids at least locally where it is applied. The problem with DMSO is that it easily penetrates the skin and has a very long half life. Therefore with consistent usage, as in a supplement, it is likely to exert its toxic effects systemically. Here are some threads that explore the dangers of DMSO in more detail:

http://www.raypeatforums.org/showthread.php?tid=342

http://www.raypeatforums.org/showthread.php?tid=343

1. I'm extremely sensitive to chemicals, as in synthetic chemicals in soaps, shampoos, etc. 
Skin gets red and blotchy if I use soap or shampoo with SLS in it. Scalp burns with SLS. 
Skin got itchy but not red or blotchy from DMSO. 

2. I've also used DMSO infrequently over the years, and I have never noticed any of the side-effects you mentioned. 
I've also never tasted the "garlic" or sulfur taste on the tongue even using 99% DMSO (topically).

3. Side-Effect Probability: Sick people can have no side-effects and healthy people can have side-effects. What matters is the probability of experiencing those side-effects. Supposedly Finasteride/Propecia/Anti-DHT hairloss drug has a probability of 1-5% for Erectile Dysfunction after using the medication. 

If 100 people use Finasteride and only 5 get Erectile Dysfunction, there could be 95 people benefiting from the drug. 

If a chemical helps people, why not use it? Especially if the risk of side effects is (x<1%).

4. I agree with you that side-effects need to be taken into consideration before taking any substance, but DMSO is benign.  I'm assuming you're equally disturbed by Yohimbe, an extremely unsafe stimulant. I've used Yohimbe and almost had to call an ambulance my heart was racing so fast. And yet there are people who use Yohimbe recreationally or for weight loss or for anti-fatigue purposes. 

5. DMSO treats at least one physical medical condition: Interstitial Cystitis (bladder)
I even saw pro-DMSO posters in my urologists office and this urologist is as mainstream as you can get.
https://www.ichelp.org/diagnosis-treatme...ions/dmso/

Overall, I disagree with you that DMSO is unsafe for the majority of people.
Yeah, the insults are very personal and thus very hard to explain to others, so it's to be expected that my sanity is questioned. Hacking someone in particular doesn't seem difficult (phishing, tampering with kernel, ...). Identifying a hacker like that is pretty much impossible. I'd definitely consider myself paranoid and delusional if that monster pic of Pranarupa was my only lead. The pictures were analogous in expression, hair, ... to pictures taken of me at the same time, which seemed real weird. It's part of a bigger whole.

Gaslighting would be a pretty accurate way to describe what is going on. Basically tamper with my computer, bully metaphorically, then faint ignorance.

Brad Abrahams who did the documentary was a member of Peatarian and changed his nickname on there (it is fairly obvious that the Harold Hillman stuff was taken from there, even the 'on the back of a tiger' thing was something I made a silly drawing of somewhere in the spring of 2013, and I commented at some point how Hillman invited people over very easily, as he himself believed he wasn't gonna be alive for much longer). Him, Danny Roddy, ... are the ones who called my forum cultist. They never said why, and it made little sense (especially coming from Danny Roddy).

My forum was not very well-liked by some. It had a great deal of comments criticising bloggers/coaches, so a backslash was to be expected (on top of this, they're pretty much all befriended). As I announced in 2014 that I didn't want to be administrator anymore, there seemed to be a decent deal of status-seeking behaviour of other people, and the woman who had been falsely accusing me of rape in 2012 joined FB communities at the same time. So I kept my forum.

As I pointed out a few months back, a great deal of money is being made by using Peat's work. In 2012 Danny Roddy sent me an e-mail asking me to put an affiliation link to his book at the top of my website. I'd get 10%, or 4,7$ per sale. I told him I did not want money and put a direct link instead (http://web.archive.org/web/2012112609163...tarian.com). It's typical behaviour for him to, later on, quote something like 'if someone does a commercial everything coming out of their mouth is dirt'.
Then the video series, the books, patreon (now and again it seems like someone new tries to go for the patreon thing), documentary, ...

The 'Peatarian Reviews' series had been made by a user on my forum, but he deleted them at some point. The format was nothing new, in the sense that similar posts had been made by others, just not as a series. It was initially called 'Ray Peat Critical Series'. The name change and move to a blog was weird (the description of the blog didn't help either). Since the author eventually got a place on the documentary, Karen McCary put a link to the blog on her own site, and Danny Roddy promoted the author (without apparently giving a damn about the content of the series, as he made a carrot-salad video later on and kept recommending thyroid supplementation), I figured the whole thing was shady.

(I tried to give a bit of the context of the whole thing, as some people may ask themselves, as did I, why anyone would do anything to me)
Since the posts I made, a few things changed ;
Roddy removed his Patreon income; the On the Back of a Tiger guys moaned a little more about profiteering in the health industry (supposed to take attention away); Christina posted a lot more on her SoundCloud, plenty of references to the sea and other stuff only I will understand (given that I just contacted her mom, the university and herself through multiple channels, requesting to stop doing that, it is yet another confirmation of what I've been saying - I went to the sea for a week, by the way, and visited the home of my parents right before that).

The whole group here bullied me for years, without being able to name a single good reason for doing so. My body and life was degraded in pretty much every way you can imagine. If I had bad grades at school, I was told to be retarded. If I had good grades, I was told it meant nothing because intelligence is about creativity and invention. This coming from people like Danny Roddy, who's a college drop-out.

Roddy and a few others started ascribing mental diseases to me. When I eventually ended going to psychotherapy, I mentioned the very illnesses to the psychiatrist. Where they called me an autist, she said 'she saw none of that', where they called me a 'learned optimist' (a petty attempt at trying to make me loathe myself), she called me unusually negative about myself.

If I got angry at what they were doing, I was told to be 'authoritarian' which is supposed to come with aggression (I don't think there's particularly strong evidence for that, at least not in Altemeyer's book). I haven't seen many groups as homogeneous as this one. The whole thing seems almost Orwellian, ironically.
Well, that all surely does sound rather strange and peculiar. As a former Peatarian member I can only say that Peatarian is greatly missed, as I feel it played a key role in what Ray Peat stands for. It was a platform of grand value with many very interesting members and ideas. I don't feel the need to comment on RPF.com and why even though it grew so big doesn't render Peatarian redundant as there's enough to find on these forums already.

Just throwing around ideas here, but maybe a merger of some sort of this forum and Peatarian could work. I think the old format (the Peatarian one) was preferred by many and seeing that this place is not very big (no offense intended, charlientine put down your hammer.., oh wait), it's not really useful to have so many forums, subforums and subforums of subforums, etc. I feel like they just contribute to even less activity.
(04-21-2018, 12:19 AM)Kiwifruit Wrote: Well, that all surely does sound rather strange and peculiar. As a former Peatarian member I can only say that Peatarian is greatly missed, as I feel it played a key role in what Ray Peat stands for. It was a platform of grand value with many very interesting members and ideas. I don't feel the need to comment on RPF.com and why even though it grew so big doesn't render Peatarian redundant as there's enough to find on these forums already.

Just throwing around ideas here, but maybe a merger of some sort of this forum and Peatarian could work. I think the old format (the Peatarian one) was preferred by many and seeing that this place is not very big (no offense intended, charlientine put down your hammer.., oh wait), it's not really useful to have so many forums, subforums and subforums of subforums, etc. I feel like they just contribute to even less activity.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about forum activity. I am planning to install a notification plugin shortly which many people have requested and should allow for more activity as people will be notified in response to @ and quotes. However, I think a lot of forums suffer from what essentially amounts to noise; people just posting for the sake of posting to agree with or fit in with a group, as opposed to people posting because they actually have something to contribute to a forum. As "tfcjesse" from hackstasis.com stated:

"Certain RP forum characters are more concerned with their egos, forum status, and maintaining the equilibrium that is Haidut's sales and Ray Peat's cuneiform tablet writings than a useful and progress-making groupthink including Gbol." (https://hackstasis.com/threads/all-back-...-forum.22/)

I think that your suggestion to reduce the amount of forum categories is good, and I will probably make some changes there shortly.
Personally, I haven't seen Haidut shy away from a single debate regarding DMSO, but I also don't control the forum, so I can't speak with certainty about what's going on behind the scenes.

What I can say is that the number of trolls is increasing quickly, and most healthy debate is being infected by these members who are just looking to create chaos.

Because of this I find myself spending less time reading the forum, and more time reading Peat's work directly.

I don't see a practical solution to this except for everyone to just "ignore" those members causing trouble, but that's just not happening at the moment.