•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
9e10's Log
Things that increase my bowel movements: Vitamin C (I currently use sodium ascorbate), ionic magnesium chloride, salt, betaine HCl, taurine. Most of those increase my appetite too.
16/09/2017

Weight: 69.7 Kg (+0.3)

10:30 Got up 
12:30 Meal 1: 150g beef + 30g pork + 2 soft boiled eggs + 450 g boiled white potatoes + 10g White Rice (raw) + 3 tbsp. OO + 2 cooked apples + 1 pear
15:00-17:30 Road trip
19:30 Meal 2: 150 g white fish + 450g cooked apple + 4 tbsp. OO + 1 mango
0:00 Lay down in bed
1:30-4:30-7:30-11:00 Sleeping // Waking up

Energy: 2092 kcal
Protein: 109 g
Carbs: 238 g
Fat: 79 g

Notes:

- 9th taking Elixa
- I haven't eaten pork in a while. It tasted good. It was from a steak house though, so the taste was pretty enhanced. Same with beef. But pork felt tastier.
- As I said I tried to avoid starch to see if I could feel and sleep better this night. It pretty much backfired. After eating the mango and the cooked apples (blended), I started to have back pain. I was not feeling well overall, so I put some salted butter in my mouth, just because, and it actually reduced the pain a little bit for some reason. Was it the speeding up my digestion? Or it did something different...? It could be reducing my endotoxin symptoms, perhaps. Or was it salt...? I also moved to my other house, so this is another variable lol. Man, these random experiences. Always create pretty hard questions to be answered. I think it doesn't matter now. I am still going to see if I can manage to do a non fiber diet. [EDIT, 17-09-2017] : Ignore this. Today, I also felt back pain after dinner. Then I ate some fruits and the back pain subsided a little... I think I will have to share some thoughts about these last two back pains, though.
(09-17-2017, 06:42 PM)9e10 Wrote: 16/09/2017

Weight: 69.7 Kg (+0.3)

10:30 Got up 
12:30 Meal 1: 150g beef + 30g pork + 2 soft boiled eggs + 450 g boiled white potatoes + 10g White Rice (raw) + 3 tbsp. OO + 2 cooked apples + 1 pear
15:00-17:30 Road trip
19:30 Meal 2: 150 g white fish + 450g cooked apple + 4 tbsp. OO + 1 mango
0:00 Lay down in bed
1:30-4:30-7:30-11:00 Sleeping // Waking up

Energy: 2092 kcal
Protein: 109 g
Carbs: 238 g
Fat: 79 g

Notes:

- 9th taking Elixa
- I haven't eaten pork in a while. It tasted good. It was from a steak house though, so the taste was pretty enhanced.
- As I said I tried to avoid starch to see if I could feel and sleep better this night. It pretty much backfired. After eating the mango and the cooked apples (blended), I started to have back pain. I was not feeling well overall, so I put some salted butter in my mouth, just because, and it actually reduced the pain a little bit for some reason. Was it the speeding up my digestion? Or it did something different...? It could be reducing my endotoxin symptoms, perhaps. Or was it salt...? I also moved to my other house, so this is another variable lol. Man, these random experiences. Always create pretty hard questions to be answered. I think it doesn't matter now. I am still going to see if I can manage to do a non fiber diet.

Orange, apple, and pear fiber are the absolute worst for inhibiting peristalsis, and that effect is probably why the average person doesn't eat much fruit, as it isn't polite to spit the fiber out monkey-style.
(09-17-2017, 07:31 AM)Zachs Wrote: Typical endotoxin symptoms.  Constipation is probably the worst thing for you.  Have to tried cascara sagrada?  A person i talk woth used it daily for several months to produce bowel movements.  Ray Peat has saod that it also has a thyroid like effect when takong it daily for a while.

Really you should either try eating more of a fiber free diet or take something that you know will produce a bowel movement.

Personally potatoes gave me the absolute worst endotoxin issues, i cant and dont eat them unless they are fried but still rarely.
Yeah, constipation is something I have since childhood. I think it is the number 1 symptom I remember best having.
No, I've never tried. I always have this thing on me that I should try other simpler things before taking a laxative approach. Also, most of the things I order, I just don't know how to take them carefully.
But, now that I am actually by myself, I will be ordering what is needed. As I said before, I tend to lose a lot of time trying to figure out what's the best quality supplement available on the market. Fortunately, there is Cascara Sagrada from Now Foods here in my country, so I will not think that much from which brand should I choose, since I think Now Foods is a nice brand. I just have to know how to take it when needed.

I will be trying a fiber free diet for sure (I've already ordered a slow juicer because of this on purpose. It will probably arrive on Thursday/Wednesday. I really want to broad the different juices I can experiment). Still, here, I still don't know how I will get calories too.

I am eating potatoes just to say that I am eating something. I like white potatoes, but I think they are indeed the worst regarding constipation. Sweet potatoes don't have the same negative effects on me in a sense, but they are harder to binge and they have even more fiber.

Btw, I sounded a little pessimistic about Elixa, but another thing I've noticed is that my sebum production also reduced a little bit. But again, I still think the moment I stop taking it, everything will go back to square zero or very near.
(09-17-2017, 07:47 AM)nikotrope Wrote: Things that increase my bowel movements: Vitamin C (I currently use sodium ascorbate), ionic magnesium chloride, salt, betaine HCl, taurine. Most of those increase my appetite too.

[EDIT]
I could try those if I knew how to take them (although those you've mentioned seem pretty simple to accomplish the purpose).
The thing about supplements is when I usually start taking them, I am also changing another variables. Like, maybe you are taking something that perhaps you didn't really need. Which makes progress very confusing and doesn't let you address what really made you feel better (of course, better feel healthier than feeling unhealthier). 
For some reason, I thought you were taking all at the same time (perhaps you are Tongue).

But if you stop taking them, do you go back to constipation?

Forgot to mention salt. Yeah it indeed enhances appetite. Regarding bowel movements seems to make no difference till now...
I've been gradually increasing it. I was probably taking 1 tsp of salt or less per day. Now, I am taking around 3-4 tsps per day. Which, comparing to the amount of sodium that Zach takes, it is still very little lol.
(09-17-2017, 06:50 PM)sm1693 Wrote: Orange, apple, and pear fiber are the absolute worst for inhibiting peristalsis, and that effect is probably why the average person doesn't eat much fruit, as it isn't polite to spit the fiber out monkey-style.
I thought it was actually the opposite. I think too much fiber from apples will give you diarrhea, because it contain pectins. Although, most of it is on its skin which I don't eat...
The same with oranges, I think they have pectins too. In the past, I once tried drinking 2 L of blended oranges and I got "diarrhea" on the next day. I mean, I would not say it felt like diarrhea. I just pooped the fiber completely intact. But I also think it irritated my digestive system, so the juice wasn't digested well and it felt acidic while evacuating. Many people also experience diarrhea from OJ. Though here, I think those people are mixing it with milk which doesn't combine well (or maybe this only happens for certain people).
And, of course, the context and overall gut condition from a person may create different reactions. OJ pulp free I think it actually constipates me (histamine intolerance related probably) and OJ full with fiber gives me diarrhea (again, here, I believe it was because of the overload of fiber).

Still, I actually had the idea that all ripe fruit will give you diarrhea because of its sugar alcohols.

SUGAR ALCOHOLS

Plants have evolved over hundreds of millions of years to use animals for their own purposes, and they know what they are doing. Not only have they made most fruits sweet, delicious, and easy to pick, they have also included in the flesh of the fruit sugar alcohols, like sorbitol, mannitol, and xylitol. If you have ever eaten “sugar-free” chocolates or candies that contain sugar alcohols, you know that they can have a laxative effect. This is no accident. Fruits contain sugar alcohols to speed the seed along its route through your body. This is also why prunes, which are high in the sugar alcohol sorbitol, are famous for relieving constipation. Plants want you to transport their seeds, they do not want you to digest and destroy them. The longer it takes for a seed to travel through an animal’s gastrointestinal tract, the higher the chance that it will be damaged in the process, so the plant would like its seeds to move through you as quickly as possible. from http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/food/fruits/

Or maybe the bigger culprit on fruits for diarrhea could be just the seeds that irritate the gut.

I have to agree with you on the spit the fiber out monkey-style. Some fruits are harder to do this though. I find oranges the easiest ones.

But I think my issues is what Zach has said. Potatoes are really the worse for me. And, probably all nightshades too.

Btw, @sm1693, you said this to me:
(09-05-2017, 02:04 AM)sm1693 Wrote: Wake up early enough to expose retina to early sun, even if you just sleep in a lawnchair with closed eyelids.
Do you have any idea how a person who lives on a 7th floor apartment, in the middle of the city (lights, noise) could make this possible? What bothers me most is the light from outside... I usually sleep in total darkness.
Anedoctal facts

So, it has been almost 2 days that I've moved to my other house.
Yesterday (Sep 16, 2017), as I said, I started to have back after eating dinner. I was trying to figure it out what was the culprit blaming mango or apple and so on.
However, today (Sep 17, 2017), ok, I ate solely White Rice as starch in both my 2 meals. But the moment I started eating dinner, my back pain started to appear immediately. Which then subsided just a little after eating cooked apple. As I am writing this, I have back pain right now. Slowly fading

Thoughts and wondering

I was saying I wasn't feeling that much back pain a few days ago, but now I am totally confused.

So, what has changed:

- The house I'm am at right now has a higher altitude (7th floor vs 4th floor)
- Changed cities
- This house is colder comparing to the other one. While I was eating dinner, I was freezing cold and I am usually somewhat warm.
- Due to family convenience, I ate too little sodium in these two days (less than a tsp of salt comparing to the 3-4 tsp I was eating). Could it be a factor to reduce my back pain from the previous days? (I am seriously thinking about this one)
- Rice in both two meals and not a single potato...

Dang it. Since I still don't have the slow juicer, I am actually going to imitate the meals I was having to see if I notice some difference regarding my back pain (potatoes and especially salt).
I feel somewhat stupid to lose time on toying with things like these, mostly to no avail. But there is this question in the back of my head "What if changing houses/cities/weather really affect me this much?". I feel like I have to make sure that those aren't the issue. Because I do believe environment can affect us too.

Sometimes I just don't take these thoughts too seriously... I still plan to do what I want to do. But this racing mind of mine is not easy to quiet it down...
Man, there are days I feel like I can't think properly. If you guys have never experienced brain fog, depersonalization or derealization be really glad for it.
Sometimes I reread what I've written and I am like: "But why? Why would you write this here?" or find myself writing something and then delete it completely right after. Or continuously changing what I want to say. I feel like I say unnecessary things many times when I talk to people. I also tend to be somewhat repetitive when talking, like an old man that is always repetitively saying the same thing. This is when I know my mind is not in a good shape.
Same with goals: I am really motivated with something. Few hours later, I am not motivated at all.
Back and forth. This limbo state. This is why I struggle a lot to make decisions.

Also, since that incident, I feel like my mind became even more sluggish...
When I was a kid, I used to mock those who were "dumb". I was an excellent student, my ego was always inflated. That poor feeling, thinking I was superior because of that, lol... Didn't I know what was expecting to me.
Over these last years, I do empathize and understand how certain people may have difficulties or takes them longer time to comprehend something.
(09-17-2017, 07:43 PM)9e10 Wrote: Do you have any idea how a person who lives on a 7th floor apartment, in the middle of the city (lights, noise) could make this possible? What bothers me most is the light from outside... I usually sleep in total darkness.

If the apt doesn't face the rising sun, the only thing to do would be to wake up and walk down a sunny avenue before returning home to sleep. It would be a pain though, but I've done it. Life is all give and take. I bought my house specifically for its all-day sunlight capability.
(09-17-2017, 09:56 PM)9e10 Wrote: I was saying I wasn't feeling that much back pain a few days ago, but now I am totally confused.
Mid back? Both sides? Dull and hard to locate exactly?
If so, your kidneys are not doing well. I believe this is common among RPers.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next