Why You Don't Want To Promote Colonic Fermentation
Im from northern minnesota where maple syrup flows like water. I dont think there are any big name brands of pure maple syrup because its so laber intensive. As long as its 100% pure, it should be fine.

I have used all kinds of sugars, raw to highly refined. It doesnt seem to make a difference. Raw sugar cane juice i would drink every day if i could get ir though. Maple syrup is by far my favorite sweetener, never had an issue with it.
My pdf of Nutrition and Physical degeneration stops at chapter 21. Id guess 22 is an update.
(09-02-2017, 02:11 AM)YZachs Wrote: Im from northern minnesota where maple syrup flows like water.  I dont think there are any big name brands of pure maple syrup because its so laber intensive.  As long as its 100% pure, it should be fine.

I have used all kinds of sugars, raw to highly refined.  It doesnt seem to make a difference.  Raw sugar cane juice i would drink every day if i could get ir though.  Maple syrup is by far my favorite sweetener, never had an issue with it.

I didn't know how damn good maple syrup was until you mentioned in your own thread. I bought some and woah, it really makes all foods taste delicious.
However it is so expensive... How much do you pay for it? Here in my country it is 40€ per liter (around 48$ there).

I wish I could have it as my number 1 sweetener too, because I also seemed to not experience any negative reactions when I experimented it.
You are paying like twice as much as me. I pay,$32 for 2 litre.
(08-25-2017, 12:59 PM)Zachs Wrote: Sea,  what do you think about the idea that a lot of digestive health comes from your oral health?  Bacteria in gum disease and cavities basically making its way to the gut.  

I actually think the opposite, that oral health is determined by the strength of digestion, which I believe is determined by the overall metabolic rate. I've noticed that when I have had problems with oral health, my digestion wasn't optimal and I would wake up with a dry mouth. As I improved my metabolism, I began to notice that my saliva output would increase immediately following a poop, or upon ingestion of activated charcoal. Eventually, correlated with my temp/pulse, I would wake up with a moist mouth that felt clean. Therefore, I think that when metabolism is slow, food isn't adequately digested, leading to intestinal irritation, while the body lacks the energy to maintain an output of high quality saliva. I think that improving metabolism, or utilizing strategies to clear the digestive tract, can halt and reverse problems with oral health.
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
To add to the honey discussion; I ate a lot of honey after coming off of a low carb paleo diet. I thought it digested best when I ate it alone, not even in coffee. For several months, I would consume an average of about a 1/2 pound of honey a day. At the time, I couldn't tolerate a lot of water so it was one of my main carbohydrate sources. I found that when I ate honey before a meal, my digestion would be a lot stronger in the short term. I had the most success with solid honey as opposed to liquid honey. My favorite type of honey was the Y.S organic raw honey that is pretty widely available in the US.

However, I prefer juice and concentrated juice as a carbohydrate source now that I don't have a problem tolerating a lot of water.
(09-30-2017, 07:26 PM)Sea Wrote: To add to the honey discussion; I ate a lot of honey after coming off of a low carb paleo diet. I thought it digested best when I ate it alone, not even in coffee. For several months, I would consume an average of about a 1/2 pound of honey a day. At the time, I couldn't tolerate a lot of water so it was one of my main carbohydrate sources. I found that when I ate honey before a meal, my digestion would be a lot stronger in the short term. I had the most success with solid honey as opposed to liquid honey. My favorite type of honey was the Y.S organic raw honey that is pretty widely available in the US.

However, I prefer juice and concentrated juice as a carbohydrate source now that I don't have a problem tolerating a lot of water.

I wish I could tolerate honey. Or better, I wish I could find a honey that I could tolerate.
There was a time I was trying different honeys, but I gave up since I would buy an expensive honey and then find out I couldn't tolerate it well. I felt like I was wasting my money because of this.
Another thing is that anyone doesn't know how to answer the question if the honey is raw or not. They completely clueless how it is done.
I've heard honey is great mucilage which coats the stomach. Perhaps that's why your digestion would improve.

Sea, I see you mentioning the fact of not tolerating lot of water. How does a person know if it is able to tolerate it or not? (And yeah, I was one of those who would force drinking water, because you know, you must drink 8 cups of water a day. And if you drink more than that, even better.)
(09-30-2017, 07:26 PM)Sea Wrote: To add to the honey discussion; I ate a lot of honey after coming off of a low carb paleo diet. I thought it digested best when I ate it alone, not even in coffee. For several months, I would consume an average of about a 1/2 pound of honey a day. At the time, I couldn't tolerate a lot of water so it was one of my main carbohydrate sources. I found that when I ate honey before a meal, my digestion would be a lot stronger in the short term. I had the most success with solid honey as opposed to liquid honey. My favorite type of honey was the Y.S organic raw honey that is pretty widely available in the US.

What else would you eat along with a half lb of honey?
(09-30-2017, 08:08 PM)9e10 Wrote: Sea, I see you mentioning the fact of not tolerating lot of water. How does a person know if it is able to tolerate it or not? (And yeah, I was one of those who would force drinking water, because you know, you must drink 8 cups of water a day. And if you drink more than that, even better.)

Generally, I think that liquids should not be used as a source of calories when the temperature and pulse are in the hypothyroid range. In this scenario, I think that liquids should mainly be consumed when thirsty, in a form that has calories as opposed to pure water. Exceptions might be concentrated juice, cereal with milk, and other similar foods. I believe that in the hypothyroid state, it is too easy for bacteria to take advantage of liquid calories which are probably not going to digest quickly enough, and are also going to require too much energy for a hypothyroid person to process, while still maintaining body temperature.
(09-30-2017, 11:54 PM)Zachs Wrote: What else would you eat along with a half lb of honey?

Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheeseburgers, pizza, Cap'n Crunch cereal with milk, trader joe's mac n cheese, random sandwiches, ice cream, cheddar cheese, along with various juices and goat milk/milk.