Myth of 30 day PUFA depletion
Few days ago Someone here made a post about depleting PUFA with fat free diet
in 30 days and felt worse than before and concluded PUFA is not the cause of health issues.
I believe this idea came from this following study
Essential fatty acid deficiency during total parenteral nutrition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...7-0060.pdf

This is clearly a misunderstanding of the study that one can achieve
PUFA free state in 30 days following PUFA free or low PUFA diet. 
The study itself explains what happens during PUFA deficient diet.

"The mechanism whereby patients on TPN became EFA-deficient is believed to be related to the continuous glucose infusion. The increased insulin during glucose-amino acid infusion decreases the hormone-sensitive lipase activity in adipose tissue, preventing breakdown of triglycerides into free fatty acids.22,24 Thus, the patient receives neither linoleic acid nor has access to endogenous stores of essential fatty acids, believed to be 8-10% of normal adult adipose tissue.1"

This is the reason RP recommends frequent feeding to inhibit FFA release and
niacinamide can do the same. RP never mentioned that one can deplete storage
PUFA this quickly, especially with frequent feeding. Someone can deplete
PUFA quicker by calorie restriction, intermittent fasting and exercise, but
these things can cause health issues if there is large amount of PUFA in the FFA.
He also mentioned young lean people can turn things around quickly.
Older people with weak metabolism will take longer time to deplete stored PUFA.
(06-30-2017, 01:41 PM)Mittir Wrote: Few days ago Someone here made a post about depleting PUFA with fat free diet
in 30 days and felt worse than before and concluded PUFA is not the cause of health issues.
I believe this idea came from this following study
Essential fatty acid deficiency during total parenteral nutrition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...7-0060.pdf

This is clearly a misunderstanding of the study that one can achieve
PUFA free state in 30 days following PUFA free or low PUFA diet. 
The study itself explains what happens during PUFA deficient diet.

"The mechanism whereby patients on TPN became EFA-deficient is believed to be related to the continuous glucose infusion. The increased insulin during glucose-amino acid infusion decreases the hormone-sensitive lipase activity in adipose tissue, preventing breakdown of triglycerides into free fatty acids.22,24 Thus, the patient receives neither linoleic acid nor has access to endogenous stores of essential fatty acids, believed to be 8-10% of normal adult adipose tissue.1"

This is the reason RP recommends frequent feeding to inhibit FFA release and
niacinamide can do the same. RP never mentioned that one can deplete storage
PUFA this quickly, especially with frequent feeding. Someone can deplete
PUFA quicker by calorie restriction, intermittent fasting and exercise, but
these things can cause health issues if there is large amount of PUFA in the FFA.
He also mentioned young lean people can turn things around quickly.
Older people with weak metabolism will take longer time to deplete stored PUFA.

In your opinion, does this mean it's not good to keep insulin too low, because i know high insulin stimulates cortisol, but was unaware that it conversly allows ffa release if too low.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
The way i understand is that steady blood sugar with minimal amount of insulin is the goal
to prevent stress hormone release. Low insulin may cause higher circulating triglycerides
as happens in high fructose diet.  But, stress hormones causes release of FFA from triglycerides.
(06-30-2017, 10:21 PM)Mittir Wrote: The way i understand is that steady blood sugar with minimal amount of insulin is the goal
to prevent stress hormone release. Low insulin may cause higher circulating triglycerides
as happens in high fructose diet.  But, stress hormones causes release of FFA from triglycerides.

Thanks
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Studies and their articles that have the depletions on this need to take part in this it was about the metabolic health. Making a report on this you need to get data from language tool review this can put some threads on this that can be shared on the link that was mentioned on this.
PUFAs—short for polyunsaturated fats are a type of fatty acid. ... Digestion problems are rampant in this day and age, eliminating PUFAs are an ... by epicfollowersuk
We found significant gene enrichment in 34 pathways for PUFA/SFA, ... Open Access; Published: 30 July 2014 ... their dietary intake for two consecutive weekdays and one weekend day. .by followers australia
Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) can have strong effects on hibernation and ... body temperatures tolerated, and energy savings (e.g., 7, 21, 22, 29, 30, 72). ... of membranes also involves differential depletion of fatty acids from WAT depots and by followers italy
 PUFAs—short for polyunsaturated fats are a type of fatty acid. ... Digestion problems are rampant in this day and age, eliminating PUFAs are an ... Buy instgaram followers australia
PLA2G2D mobilizes a pool of u3 polyunsaturated fatty acids ... (F) Rectal temperature of WT and KO mice placed at 30 C for 2 days or at 4 C for an additional 1 day (n = 13). ... Brown fat and the myth of diet-induced thermogenesis. ... Microbiota depletion promotes browning of white adipose tissue and. Followers australia