Tryptophan
I was looking at amino acid contents in foods and found milk has ~700mg tryptophan/ 30g protein, vs chicken breast with skin having ~300mg/30g protein/100g meat. 

Is this inconsistent with whats been said of dairy compared to muscles meats by RPers?
(06-28-2017, 08:21 PM)Jora Wrote: I was looking at amino acid contents in foods and found milk has ~700mg tryptophan/ 30g protein, vs chicken breast with skin having ~300mg/30g protein/100g meat. 

Is this inconsistent with whats been said of dairy compared to muscles meats by RPers?

RP was asked about it and he responded that extra calcium in milk minimizes
tryptophan to serotonin conversion. Milk also has many other nutrients
that are beneficial. The ratio of amino acids plays a big role. Amino acid composition
of casein cause very small increase in serotonin compared to other protein
source.  Casein's tryptophan content is similar to muscle meat.
 Casein also has anti-inflammatory property. Cheese protein would be
 preferable in terms of amino acid ratio and tryptophan content.
One can also eat some gelatin with milk to improve the tryptophan ratio. 

RP also mentioned that eating gelatin and extra calcium with
muscle meat can offset effect of excess phosphorus and tryptophan.
I have found adding calcium with muscle meat very beneficial.
I used to get hypo symptom when i ate steak without calcium.
RP also mentioned that major adverse effect of eating muscle
meat was result of excess phosphorus besides high tryptophan.
cysteine and methionine content.
In what way did you find adding calcium to meat beneficial? Do you think its an acute effect?

What is caseins anti inf property?

Reason I came across this at all is I've just personally noticed benefit from what I suspect is the high glycine content of muscle meats! For example good skin quality. Its not bad! For example, chicken breast with skin, 1700mg/30g protein. May be just the higher protein intake though. Low in fat and arachidonic acid though because its the breast.
Also, I think dairy has very little glycine, which is unfortunate.
I used to eat steak everyday when i was lactose intolerant. I was having less energy and
poor quality of sleep before adding calcium. Effect was both acute and cumulative.
If i ate a lot of muscle meat several days in a row i used to get mildly swollen thyroid gland.
None of these happens when i started adding extra calcium with meat, 300-400 mg.
Maintaining a healthy ratio of calcium to phosphorus is very important, amount of total
calcium should be at least higher than phosphorus.

There are a lot of in-vitro studies showing hydrolysate casein as anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
The serotonin lowering effect of amino acids composition of  casein was done in human.
I have found dairy to be very helpful in muscle building and increased feeling of well being.

RP is a huge fan of gelatin and he thinks adults can eat 50% of total protein as gelatin.
I feel really good eating gelatin. But i have found cow gelatin is bit hard to digest but
not the one from chicken. I feel immediately energized when i eat chicken wings.
But try not to eat it frequently because of PUFA. Studies showed even small amount
of glycine exhibiting significant improvement in overall health.
(07-02-2017, 05:45 AM)Mittir Wrote: I used to eat steak everyday when i was lactose intolerant. I was having less energy and
poor quality of sleep before adding calcium. Effect was both acute and cumulative.
If i ate a lot of muscle meat several days in a row i used to get mildly swollen thyroid gland.
None of these happens when i started adding extra calcium with meat, 300-400 mg.
Maintaining a healthy ratio of calcium to phosphorus is very important, amount of total
calcium should be at least higher than phosphorus.

There are a lot of in-vitro studies showing hydrolysate casein as anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
The serotonin lowering effect of amino acids composition of  casein was done in human.
I have found dairy to be very helpful in muscle building and increased feeling of well being.

RP is a huge fan of gelatin and he thinks adults can eat 50% of total protein as gelatin.
I feel really good eating gelatin. But i have found cow gelatin is bit hard to digest but
not the one from chicken. I feel immediately energized when i eat chicken wings.
But try not to eat it frequently because of PUFA. Studies showed even small amount

Is there any advantage to marine gelatin? I too have trouble with beef gelatin, though i have had trouble with many things since stopping weed.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Quote:Is there any advantage to marine gelatin? I too have trouble with beef gelatin, though i have had trouble with many things since stopping weed.

I have made fish head soup from fresh river fish and did not have any problem.
Sea foods are known to have high histamine. Fish needs to be very fresh.
Fish, especially seafood accumulates histamine very quickly after they die.

It takes a short amount of cooking time to dissolve gelatin from fish. 
I also tried chicken neck soup for thyroid.
I had boil this for 1-2 hours to get gelatin and thyroid hormone.
Beef ligaments and bones take 3-4 hours to dissolve. I believe longer
cooking time probably makes beef gelatin hard to digest.
RP mentioned that under cooked gelatin causes digestive problem. 
I think when gelatin is dissolved in water it is ready to eat.
I have seen one study that found chicken skin gelatin is more stable
than cow skin gelatin.
(07-02-2017, 05:45 AM)Mittir Wrote: RP is a huge fan of gelatin and he thinks adults can eat 50% of total protein as gelatin.

Since the skin is the site of a lot of hormone creation, do you worry about taking in hormones such as cortisol when you eat chicken skin?

It is difficult to find chicken raised in a good manner.
Gelatin works best when using other anti-tryptophan methods such as BCAA consumption + L-Tyrosine supplementation. But here's the trick : use N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine sublingually. When you have a guaranteed method of absorption and for whatever reason, that does the job well, then the anti-serotonin effects of BCAA become more noticeable! Caffeine + NALT under the tongue and BCAA Powder at the same time in a drink of plain water or BLK Water is the way to go!