High nutrient starches
Besides potatoes, are there other starches that have a lot of nutrients like vitamins and minerals and other things?

What about corn?  Especially in the form of masa?  Ray says this is very digetable but does it provide any micro nutrients?
In terms of starch I'm not sure, but lentils seem to be quite nice, buckwheat has apparently quality proteins but probably too much PUFAs. Nixtamilized corn should be a decent source of calcium among other things.
I'm surprised you would recommend lentils since RP thinks they suck:

Besides fasting, or chronic protein deficiency, the common causes of hypothyroidism are excessive stress or "aerobic" (i .e., anaerobic) exercise, and diets containing beans, lentils, nuts. unsaturated fats (including carotene), and undercooked broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, or mustard greens. Many health conscious people become hypothyroid with a synergistic program of undercooked vegetables, legumes instead of animal proteins, oils instead of butter, carotene instead of vitamin A, and breathless exercise instead of a stimulating life.
Yes it's no big news Ray does not recommend starch or legumes, but since you ask what foods could have an interesting profile I answered with lentils. Haidut said they are the least worth of legumes, so then it's up to you to decide to eat legumes.
(05-26-2017, 07:01 AM)Wagner83 Wrote: Yes it's no big news Ray does not recommend starch or legumes, but since you ask what foods could have an interesting profile I answered with lentils. Haidut said they are the least worth of legumes, so then it's up to you to decide to eat legumes.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Not going there for now though.  Sticking to potatos for a nutrient rich starch.
(05-24-2017, 11:05 AM)Wagner83 Wrote: In terms of starch I'm not sure, but lentils seem to be quite nice, buckwheat has apparently  quality proteins but probably too much PUFAs. Nixtamilized corn should be a decent source of calcium among other things.

For 100g of buckwheat 1g of pufa. Even with 200g serving a day it is ok. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cere...antity=0.0
Buckwheat is definitely my favourite starch besides potatoes and rice. If I had to choose one starch source. I would choose buckwheat. Highest in protein and very good source of other micronutrients like magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, manganese.. Also really easy to digest.. Potatoes have only one advantage and that is lower phosphorus content, but other than that is far behind buckwheat... and rice for me is just calorie/carb/energy source like sugarcane/ sugar beet sugar is...