Scrambled Potatoes
I cooked down my potato juice until the pan got very hot, i didnt want to harm tbe ketoacids so i pullee it off the burner. When does the protein congeal?
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Hmm, have you tried boiling it or steaming it?
Yeah i tried boiling it, i put in a lot of salt to try and salt out the starch, it may have interfered with the congealing
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(03-19-2017, 11:00 PM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: I cooked down my potato juice until the pan got very hot, i didnt want to harm tbe ketoacids so i pullee it off the burner. When does the protein congeal?

Sorry, what do you mean by the protein congealing? Do you mean in the sense of the bonding of keto acids or the actual congealing of the starch that shows up like "scrambled eggs?" 

The way I've understood it is that the keto acids are in the juice portion, not the curdles/congealed portion, so if you're wanting to avoid the starch, you'll want to simmer the juice until any remaining starch has curdled at the top (it took me at least a half hour and I salted to taste) and strain it out, leaving only the juice extract behind. To strain, I used an unbleached paper coffee filter set over a large Ball Jar with a rubber band tied around the rim. The final product should be so free of starch that it looks like tea.
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
(03-20-2017, 12:27 PM)Jennifer Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 11:00 PM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: I cooked down my potato juice until the pan got very hot, i didnt want to harm tbe ketoacids so i pullee it off the burner. When does the protein congeal?

Sorry, what do you mean by the protein congealing? Do you mean in the sense of the bonding of keto acids or the actual congealing of the starch that shows up like "scrambled eggs?" 

The way I've understood it is that the keto acids are in the juice portion, not the curdles/congealed portion, so if you're wanting to avoid the starch, you'll want to simmer the juice until any remaining starch has curdled at the top (it took me at least a half hour and I salted to taste) and strain it out, leaving only the juice extract behind. To strain, I used an unbleached paper coffee filter set over a large Ball Jar with a rubber band tied around the rim. The final product should be so free of starch that it looks like tea.

Ahh, ok, maybe the salt did precipitate the starch. I let it settle and decanted a few times to reduce starch, it was close to burning when i took it off. Now i know =)