Social isolation
(03-22-2017, 10:50 PM)Drareg Wrote: Peats recent KMUD interview is interesting relative to this topic.
Didn't he mention Parkinson's may have been caused in some cases by lack of novelty?

I think there is a sweet spot for novelty,the length of time for mundane jobs is short possibly 1 year even 6 months,for a career this time extends a bit further,if your into it maybe 10 years before the longing comes.
Then for personal life like marriage we have the popular 7 year itch,there are so many unhappy marriages it's becoming hilarious,people will go to extraordinary lengths to not deal with a dead marriage,for the kids they stick it out only for the kids to end up traumatised by the depressed and bitter parents.
How do you deal with novelty in a marriage?

You have to turn in back into a courtship. Cahllenging, when by law you must produce the next generation of cannon fodder. Married people have to pay more taxes, i dont unnderstand why it's done. You can have receptions, rings, and faith, all without the state. But it's so ingrained in the consciousnesses of people ever since the church stepped in to control the lives of their subjects, that it still ensares people. I think once you commit to the state you're done for.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
I think it's absurd to think that seeking isolation and shunning others is somehow enlightening or healthier.

Proper socialization, with people you trust and enjoy, is monumentally important to health and a cohesive society. I think if an individual's initial instinct towards interacting with others is revulsion and anxiety, it likely points to deep seated psychological problems that need addressing. I think healthy, intelligent, and happy people are able to discern whether or not someone is trustworthy and worth their time, and more often give people the benefit of the doubt since trust inherently requires time and opportunity to develop.

I love my alone time, time to work on my knowledge and skills and to relax, but I also love time spent around my loved ones - family and friends - and even co-workers and strangers. Both isolation and socialization can provide positive energy and opportunities for growth. There is a time and place for both ends of the spectrum.