Hypocalcemia and hypophosphatemia in 6-month infant
No lab results to post except for below range calcium and phosphate, accompanied by muscle weakness. Mother has tried increased dose of vit d a couple of days ago, and ive read that low vit d is reponsible for both serum deficiencies, but i am curious what is happening. Formula-fed infant. Will update if i get more lab values.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(02-16-2017, 07:43 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: No lab results to post except for below range calcium and phosphate, accompanied by muscle weakness. Mother has tried increased dose of vit d a couple of days ago, and ive read that low vit d is reponsible for both serum deficiencies, but i am curious what is happening. Formula-fed infant. Will update if i get more lab values.

Which formula?
(02-17-2017, 02:56 AM)sm1693 Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 07:43 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: No lab results to post except for below range calcium and phosphate, accompanied by muscle weakness. Mother has tried increased dose of vit d a couple of days ago, and ive read that low vit d is reponsible for both serum deficiencies, but i am curious what is happening. Formula-fed infant. Will update if i get more lab values.

Which formula?

Good question, dont know. Most likely contains plenty of PUFA, a lot of formulas add linolenic acid.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]