Why do nitric oxide drugs reduce asthma and swelling of the lungs?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3113825

I've read Ray's newsletters on Nitric Oxide and it seems to be absolute evil, so I wondered why it could improve symptoms like this, I thought that it would at least increase swelling?
NO boosting supplements are awful for breathing , I reached a point when I almost couldn't breathe from using l-citrulline daily. I think the "science"behind NO for asthma (and most ailments) is very wrong. NO could perhaps benefit hypertension in acute cases.
(02-18-2017, 01:00 PM)Wagner83 Wrote: NO boosting supplements are awful for breathing , I reached a point when I almost couldn't breathe from using l-citrulline daily. I think the "science"behind NO for asthma (and most ailments) is very wrong. NO could perhaps benefit hypertension in acute cases.

It's almost as if they are trying to give the worse poison possible for your particular condition when you are sick and saying this is "medication".
Under hypoxia and causing hypoxia, NO can carry calcium out of the cell of a capillary and relax the vessel open to allow passage of more fluid or gas. High NO is a good diagnostic of asthma.
Well the problem of nitric oxide is not based on N.O itself; its the conversion to Peroxynitrate that creates problems. So, without adequate Glutathione. N.O becomes a problem.
BUT, if we have enough antioxidants, or we supplement with Resveratrol and NAC - its easier to reap the benefits of nitric oxide and negate the "bad" effects.