•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
My Log
Hi Jenn,

Yeah I enjoy my diet. Id love to have more fruit, but as you know itd hard to do this in the north east of the us.

The good news is that my sleep was getting better since the last time I posted on here, but I made a mistake and went for an intense hike earlier this week and ended up wrecking my sleep again.

Im hoping that I can get it back in order again this next week.

I still don't have much hope that I will fully recover though, even when I was sleeping a few weeks ago my sex drive was non existent.

I bought some LDN to try, and hopefully will get the vial I need to measure it next week so I can try it out. Also, I checked my systolic pressure and its under 120, I do think my adrenals are burnout - its feels like it atleast.
I'm trying to understand how this works. So you have some health problems related to stress or inability to handle stress for whatever reason. What was the reason to think, that your root of problems are from thyroid? Do you have hypothyroid symptoms? Low body temperature, always tired, slow reaction time(like sloth), hair lose, dry skin etc..? If not why you take hormones?? Why you take progesterone? Also if you have digestive issues. Why is your diet full of fructose, lactose and casein? It makes no sense.. You simply find Peat and hoping, that this "miracle protocol" will solve all your issues? I think your log is classic example how it should NOT look like.. You should implement main principles like avoiding PUFA, balancing muscle meat with gelatin/collagen or glycine, eating plenty of calories, eating nutritious foods such as liver. Avoiding iron enriched flour, flour products, cereals. Knowing your ferritin number and keep it around 50. To eliminate health issues caused by iron.. This general rules can use basically everyone. You should keep this in mind and run with it. You need learn how to listen to your body. Drink when you are thirsty, eat when you are hungry, rest when you feel tired, move your body outside when you feel good.. Learn how to stay in parasympathetic nervous system via proper breathing etc.. Have a good circadian rhythm. Go to bed early, avoiding blue light from electronic before bed etc.. You need to realize that Ray Peat articles are great addition to your arsenal. But it is not final destination. Do you honestly think that you will be eating this way for rest of your life? If it is not sustainable what is the point of doing that? Following the basic Peat principles is sustainable and helpful for everyone. But not everyone is doing well on orange juice, milk and sugar diet.. You can realize this now and move on or you can realize this x years later. It is just your choice. GL..
@YuraCZ

Did you even read my log? I've already improved eating this way so I don't see why I shouldn't continue.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-sTCzs4dmwGkyfeFdWVPg
I like videos of this guy. Just ignore that he is a vegan or something like that..
His diet looks awful. How can you suggest him?
I said ignore the fact he is a vegan .. Smile) Other than that he is ok.. Smile
Cool thanks YuraCZ, his advice about getting off of electronics is spot on.
I don't understand why I get worse even though nothing about my lifestyle changes.

I go from sleeping great to waking up three times a night with adrenaline for no reason...
Yeah, that's super frustrating. I also dealt with that when I was running on adrenaline all the time and my gut was a mess. I liken weak adrenals or the thyroid to faulty wiring. One minute the light is on, the next it's flickering or won't turn on at all.

So now, you're still struggling with your digestion, huh? I know the diet worked for you in the past, but given that you're still having digestive issues, maybe something about it just isn't sitting right with your body now, since everything about your lifestyle is the same?

If you want to detail what your diet looks like, what supplements/pharmaceuticals you're taking, any current blood work and/or other tests you've had done and what interventions you've already tried, maybe we can help troubleshoot what might be tripping you up and give you ideas you may not have thought of?
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz

This is what I have been eating. Its pretty much what I was doing when I was sleeping well last month, but doesn't seem to be working now.

One thing I noticed is that I ran out of cascara and I think its really important for me to be using it. The pharmacy I am getting it from in Italy is closed until the eighteenth of June so I will have to wait until probably July or so for it to arrive. 

I was also taking progesterone which I have stopped, I should start that again as well. 

I really don't think that I will get better anymore, I'm pretty much planning to kill myself once I pay off my student loans.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next