•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
My Log
Since you have a blood pressure cuff, do you happen to know your average systolic reading on both arms? I noticed you mentioned hyperventilating during the day and I think you also mentioned dealing with excess adrenaline, at one point?

I hope you've been sleeping better. Smile
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
Hi Jen, How have you been?

No, I don't know my blood pressure reading. I'll try to start keeping track. I was checking but I thought that it wasn't giving me any good info so I stopped.

Yeah I still have a lot of adrenaline and hyperventilate unless I watch myself closely.
The question I need to ask everyone is how long does it take to heal?

I've gotten to the point where I can sleep through the night, but its been like a two year journey?

Does anyone have experience losing libido and getting it back?
(03-02-2017, 12:52 AM)James_001 Wrote: Hi Jen, How have you been?

No, I don't know my blood pressure reading. I'll try to start keeping track. I was checking but I thought that it wasn't giving me any good info so I stopped.

Yeah I still have a lot of adrenaline and hyperventilate unless I watch myself closely.

Hi James, I've been hanging in there. Thanks for asking. It looks like you and I have traded sleep habits. My last remaining dog passed away a couple weeks ago and I'm finding it difficult to sleep at night without him. My bed feels too big for me now. He was the smallest dog I had, but took up the most room. A total sprawler who was constantly jabbing me with his feet. I may have to hire someone to poke me randomly throughout the night so I can finally sleep again. lol

To answer your other questions...

The length of time it takes to heal depends on so many factors that it would be hard to give you an exact time frame. You could be eating all the right foods and taking all the right supplements but if you're living under stressful conditions (the self-perpetuating cycle of stressing about our illness, being one of them), they can sabotage your best efforts. Just think about how much progress you make during the summer, only to regress during the winter. 

That's why logs are great. We get to know your personal context and tailor our advice to that. A good healer will meet you where you're at, not where they think you should be at. I've had members on other forums question the fact that I was still sick despite eating my ideal diet, and that it mustn't have been ideal then. Had they known that just in these past two years alone I cared full-time for 3 animals dying from cancer and a grandmother with advanced stage dementia, they wouldn't have questioned it. 

Quality sleep is one of the most vital factors for health. Now that you've restored yours, I'm hopeful that you'll find more steady improvements, like with your sexual health. I have experience with losing my libido and regaining it. Hopefully, some of the guys will chime in since a male's experience may be more helpful to you in this regard but nonetheless, I'll try to be candid about mine. 

When I was at my worst, my libido was extremely low. I honestly think my soul and body were in energy conservation mode and that anything involving sex would have been too demanding so it just wasn't a thought of mine. When I started taking progest-e, my libido became so uncomfortably high that I couldn't go in public without getting aroused at the sight of a man, even if I wasn't attracted to him. I dropped the progest-e and all other supplemental hormones/isolates and switched to the diet I'm currently on and my libido is now far more discerning. lol 

Because of my illness and subsequent injury, I've been required to get regular blood work every six weeks so I've followed my hormone levels very closely and my current progesterone level is as high as it was when I was taking progest-e, the only difference is I'm sexually balanced now. I think that supplemental hormones and other isolates are just too stimulating for me. Simplicity really has been key for me. I believe a lot of us would do best by simplifying, but the belief that the more complex something is the more credibility it holds and the no pain no gain mentality has become so ingrained in our culture that less is more seems too easy to be of any value. If you think of the song The Bare Necessities, that's pretty much what I live by now. Smile
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
(03-02-2017, 07:04 PM)James_001 Wrote: The question I need to ask everyone is how long does it take to heal?

I've gotten to the point where I can sleep through the night, but its been like a two year journey?

For men, i think addressing pelvic and lower abdominal muscle wasting is paramount to sexual function. I couldnt walk for a year and am finally having much success with flutter kicks and squats. Ive had weak abdkminals sijce i was a kid and if i had one contribution to make to this community it would be emphasizkng the importance of abdominopelvic muscle.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Thank you for mentioning this, Chasing. Strengthening the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs is also very important for females' sexual function, as well as childbirth. I remember talking about this very topic with tara on the other forum.

I got into the habit of squatting from my time hiking. I first started hiking in the winter and quickly learned I needed to keep my bum off the ground to stay warm so whenever the group stopped to rest or eat, I would get in a squatted position. After breaking my back, I noticed that squatting was one of the few positions that relieved the pain so now if I'm on the computer, watching tv or eating, I'm in a squatted position.

Something else to consider with muscle wasting and all other symptoms of tissue deterioration and inflammation like cracking/popping joints, bone/joint diseases, weak skin and nails etc., aside from the obvious starvation, is possibly weak parathyroid glands. I've had weak abdominals since infancy (had hernia surgery at 3 weeks old) and have since learned that it's connected to weak parathyroid glands.

After fracturing my spine, a tech performing my DEXA scan told me that the severe bone loss in my spine was most likely due to my parathyroid. She said that with parathyroid disease, they've noticed that the body often robs from the spine, while the femur is unusually dense, just like in my case. It almost seems as if my parathyroid glands are on the fritz and unable to deposit calcium properly.

I knew that the parathyroid glands were the ones mostly responsible for calcium utilization and the integrity of connective tissues in the body, but was unaware of its role in mental health. Where anxiety is related to weak adrenals/our nervous system, drepression is a common sign of a parathyroid weakness. When looking over my blood work, my PTH was always out of range until my current diet which oddly enough, is low in calcium.
(03-03-2017, 03:24 AM)Jennifer Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 12:52 AM)James_001 Wrote: Hi Jen, How have you been?

Hi James, I've been hanging in there. Thanks for asking. It looks like you and I have traded sleep habits. My last remaining dog passed away a couple weeks ago and I'm finding it difficult to sleep at night without him. My bed feels too big for me now. He was the smallest dog I had, but took up the most room. A total sprawler who was constantly jabbing me with his feet. I may have to hire someone to poke me randomly throughout the night so I can finally sleep again. lol

To answer your other questions...

The length of time it takes to heal depends on so many factors that it would be hard to give you an exact time frame. You could be eating all the right foods and taking all the right supplements but if you're living under stressful conditions (the self-perpetuating cycle of stressing about our illness, being one of them), they can sabotage your best efforts. Just think about how much progress you make during the summer, only to regress during the winter. 

That's why logs are great. We get to know your personal context and tailor our advice to that. A good healer will meet you where you're at, not where they think you should be at. I've had members on other forums question the fact that I was still sick despite eating my ideal diet, and that it mustn't have been ideal then. Had they known that just in these past two years alone I cared full-time for 3 animals dying from cancer and a grandmother with advanced stage dementia, they wouldn't have questioned it. 

Quality sleep is one of the most vital factors for health. Now that you've restored yours, I'm hopeful that you'll find more steady improvements, like with your sexual health. I have experience with losing my libido and regaining it. Hopefully, some of the guys will chime in since a male's experience may be more helpful to you in this regard but nonetheless, I'll try to be candid about mine. 

When I was at my worst, my libido was extremely low. I honestly think my soul and body were in energy conservation mode and that anything involving sex would have been too demanding so it just wasn't a thought of mine. When I started taking progest-e, my libido became so uncomfortably high that I couldn't go in public without getting aroused at the sight of a man, even if I wasn't attracted to him. I dropped the progest-e and all other supplemental hormones/isolates and switched to the diet I'm currently on and my libido is now far more discerning. lol 

Because of my illness and subsequent injury, I've been required to get regular blood work every six weeks so I've followed my hormone levels very closely and my current progesterone level is as high as it was when I was taking progest-e, the only difference is I'm sexually balanced now. I think that supplemental hormones and other isolates are just too stimulating for me. Simplicity really has been key for me. I believe a lot of us would do best by simplifying, but the belief that the more complex something is the more credibility it holds and the no pain no gain mentality has become so ingrained in our culture that less is more seems too easy to be of any value. If you think of the song The Bare Necessities, that's pretty much what I live by now. Smile
lol, thanks for being so open and honest Jennifer. I too pretty much have no libido and it really sucks, as for me it means no motivation. 

Thats awful having to deal with people (and dogs) you love going through cancer. I agree that its really hard to heal when life circumstances are stressful. For me, I am trying to get a post graduate job right now and it is really stressing me out. I also feel a lot of stress due to being sick, like I am behind my peers or something because they are out doing all sorts of things and I am in my house feeling down. 

I don't think the progest e has really had an effect on my libido yet, it just calms me down. 

I wanted to ask you what do you plan on doing for a living in hawaii? I only ask because I know there aren't a ton of jobs down there.
(03-03-2017, 05:15 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 07:04 PM)James_001 Wrote: The question I need to ask everyone is how long does it take to heal?

For men, i think addressing pelvic and lower abdominal muscle wasting is paramount to sexual function. I couldnt walk for a year and am finally having much success with flutter kicks and squats. Ive had weak abdkminals sijce i was a kid and if i had one contribution to make to this community it would be emphasizkng the importance of abdominopelvic muscle.

Thanks chasing,

I use to lift weights when I was healthy, so I think my muscles are still in okay shape. I feel to weak to exercise at the moment.
(03-04-2017, 12:11 AM)James_001 Wrote: I wanted to ask you what do you plan on doing for a living in hawaii? I only ask because I know there aren't a ton of jobs down there.

Yeah, job opportunities in Hawaii really depend on the island. I think Oahu is the one with the most employment opportunities, but the cost of living is lower on the Big Island. A way around that is if you were self-employed/can work anywhere in the world from home. I'm a bit unconventional and need very little to be happy so what I've done in the past and would do now may not be for everyone. 

Before breaking my back, I was getting into real estate investing (property rentals) and at the same time got my business license and bought products at wholesale and sold them online for profit. This payed for my living expenses while allowing me to continue putting most of my energy toward staring my property rental business. 

I began saving back when I got my first job at age 13. I was a nanny all through high school and into my early 20s, while also holding down a retail job, and ended up with a good chunk of money in the bank that was to be used for investing in my future business. When I fell ill in my mid 20s, all that money went toward medical bills. The expenses incurred just from medical ignorance alone were insane! 

I've had to start over so right now, Hawaii is just a dream which I suspect is partially motivated by all the stress I've been through. Here in New Hampshire, it's actually quite beautiful, it has looser laws than most other states and the majority of residents are laid back and friendly. NH is even voted as one of the best states to live in. Unfortunately, my body is so burned out that I'm desperate for the sun. 

Ideally, I'd live in NH's Lakes Region during the summer, with its gorgeous sandy beaches along tranquil lakes, and live somewhere warm during the winter. I don't want to be a slave to my house or belongings and prefer being active outdoors so I've been researching tiny living for a few years now. If I lived in Hawaii full-time, it would be when investments have matured and I could buy land outright and live there self-sustainably.
(03-03-2017, 11:44 PM)Jennifer Wrote: Thank you for mentioning this, Chasing. Strengthening the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs is also very important for females' sexual function, as well as childbirth. I remember talking about this very topic with tara on the other forum.

I got into the habit of squatting from my time hiking. I first started hiking in the winter and quickly learned I needed to keep my bum off the ground to stay warm so whenever the group stopped to rest or eat, I would get in a squatted position. After breaking my back, I noticed that squatting was one of the few positions that relieved the pain so now if I'm on the computer, watching tv or eating, I'm in a squatted position.

Something else to consider with muscle wasting and all other symptoms of tissue deterioration and inflammation like cracking/popping joints, bone/joint diseases, weak skin and nails etc., aside from the obvious starvation, is possibly weak parathyroid glands. I've had weak abdominals since infancy (had hernia surgery at 3 weeks old) and have since learned that it's connected to weak parathyroid glands.

After fracturing my spine, a tech performing my DEXA scan told me that the severe bone loss in my spine was most likely due to my parathyroid. She said that with parathyroid disease, they've noticed that the body often robs from the spine, while the femur is unusually dense, just like in my case. It almost seems as if my parathyroid glands are on the fritz and unable to deposit calcium properly.

I knew that the parathyroid glands were the ones mostly responsible for calcium utilization and the integrity of connective tissues in the body, but was unaware of its role in mental health. Where anxiety is related to weak adrenals/our nervous system, drepression is a common sign of a parathyroid weakness. When looking over my blood work, my PTH was always out of range until my current diet which oddly enough, is low in calcium.

Very interesting, this describes my situation, seems to. My calcium was high, 10.1. Im hoping correcting the abdominal problems will bring it down. I do see tht veins in my hand that were visible and prominent are becoming less so, presumably my liver will function better as my severe digestive complaints resolve. So when you say weak parathyroid, does that correspond to low serum calcium? Ive just recently have really been able to put on muscle, it was always a struggle for m in the past. James.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next