•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
My Log
(02-07-2017, 10:41 PM)James_001 Wrote: I was also thinking about experimenting with using co2 at night while I sleep, has anyone tried this?

CO2 has been used increasingly during sleep and round the clock care (permissive hypercapnia). 

Quote:Permissive hypercapnia has become a central component of protective lung ventilatory strategies.[5] This strategy has resulted in an increase in the clinical acceptability of elevated carbon dioxide tension in order to avoid the deleterious effects of high lung stretch.[1] These strategies invariably involve a reduction in tidal volume and/or transalveolar pressure. These protective lung ventilation strategies have been demonstrated to improve survival in patients with ARDS. In current practice, mean maximum PaCOand pH associated with permissive hypercapnia are around 67 mmHg and 7.2, respectively,[2] and are reported to be well tolerated as long as tissue perfusion and oxygenation are preserved and there are no contraindications.[6,7,8]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4166878/

I find a tent is a good way to do mild hypercapnia.

I have also tried CPAP mouth and nose pieces connected to CO2 for stronger hypercapnia. 

This one seems to work well and comfortably, when you connect the CO2 to the tube.
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
Thank vos.

so my afternoon stats are 98.9 degrees and 80 bpm. Im wondering if overeating is what is causing my problems? I almost always have gas after I eat, and I think I am extremely sensitive to endotoxin.
Thinking about how messed up my life is and how I fucked everything up...
(02-08-2017, 08:02 PM)James_001 Wrote: Thank vos.

so my afternoon stats are 98.9 degrees and 80 bpm. Im wondering if overeating is what is causing my problems? I almost always have gas after I eat, and I think I am extremely sensitive to endotoxin.

Not sure if this is your issue, but gas for me means I'm having a hard time digesting a food or a combination of foods. Of the foods I currently eat, anything fatty such as avocado makes me gassy, though it's getting better as I continue with my diet and liver & gallbladder herbal formula. Have you tried doing mono meals or playing around with food combinations to isolate if a particular food or combination of foods may be the culprit? 

This may also not be an issue for you, but I notice if my diet isn't on point, my mental state suffers, as well as my sleep. Currently, all it takes is a few days in a row of me eating too many fatty fruits and that little spark of joy and "stupid happy for no apparent reason" is slowly replaced by what I refer to as my gremlin. It is hellbent on making me aware of all the mistakes I've ever made and that I, well...pretty much suck. It fills me with a ton of self-doubt. I've learned to silence it when I do partake in too many yummy avos, but I'm still not at a point where I can replace it with the genuine joy I feel while eating my optimal diet. I can't force myself to get happy. For me, it has to come naturally. 

Anyhow, it's okay to not feel okay with where you're at in your life and how it is progressing or not progressing. The mistakes, well, all I can say is you're human and you're doing what we humans do. As far as I'm concerned, we're much more interesting because of our mistakes. And really, it's not about whether or not we've made mistakes, it's about whether or not we bounce back from them. It only becomes tragic when we have the choice to get up but choose to stay down. You don't strike me as a guy who is willing to stay down.  Wink

Music has kept me going during a lot of hard times. It has gotten me out of deep funks and kept me empowered when I really needed the reinforcement so I hope you don't mind that I'm sending some your way... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Gvdgs_R1c
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
Slept awful last night, i had so much adrenaline. ill report back later...
Pulse was 66 bpm and temp was 98 degrees this morning. Not sure what happened last night as I have had a few weeks in a row of good sleep. This is what I had to eat yesterday.

(02-08-2017, 11:30 PM)Jennifer Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 08:02 PM)James_001 Wrote: Thank vos.

Not sure if this is your issue, but gas for me means I'm having a hard time digesting a food or a combination of foods. Of the foods I currently eat, anything fatty such as avocado makes me gassy, though it's getting better as I continue with my diet and liver & gallbladder herbal formula. Have you tried doing mono meals or playing around with food combinations to isolate if a particular food or combination of foods may be the culprit? 

This may also not be an issue for you, but I notice if my diet isn't on point, my mental state suffers, as well as my sleep. Currently, all it takes is a few days in a row of me eating too many fatty fruits and that little spark of joy and "stupid happy for no apparent reason" is slowly replaced by what I refer to as my gremlin. It is hellbent on making me aware of all the mistakes I've ever made and that I, well...pretty much suck. It fills me with a ton of self-doubt. I've learned to silence it when I do partake in too many yummy avos, but I'm still not at a point where I can replace it with the genuine joy I feel while eating my optimal diet. I can't force myself to get happy. For me, it has to come naturally. 

Anyhow, it's okay to not feel okay with where you're at in your life and how it is progressing or not progressing. The mistakes, well, all I can say is you're human and you're doing what we humans do. As far as I'm concerned, we're much more interesting because of our mistakes. And really, it's not about whether or not we've made mistakes, it's about whether or not we bounce back from them. It only becomes tragic when we have the choice to get up but choose to stay down. You don't strike me as a guy who is willing to stay down.  Wink

Music has kept me going during a lot of hard times. It has gotten me out of deep funks and kept me empowered when I really needed the reinforcement so I hope you don't mind that I'm sending some your way... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Gvdgs_R1c

Thanks Jen! I really appreciate your support.

I agree that diet is the issue, I just don't know what to fix! The milk and juice diet has worked for me in the past so I figured I would try that again. I never tried the mono meals, but that sounds like a good idea.

I wish I had access to better fruit, I live in the north and the fruit is horrible this time of year.
Afternoon pulse was 72 bp, and temp was 99 degrees...
(02-09-2017, 01:14 PM)James_001 Wrote: Thanks Jen! I really appreciate your support.

I agree that diet is the issue, I just don't know what to fix! The milk and juice diet has worked for me in the past so I figured I would try that again. I never tried the mono meals, but that sounds like a good idea.

I wish I had access to better fruit, I live in the north and the fruit is horrible this time of year.

You're welcome, James! Smile

Hmm...maybe where you're at in your life now compared to two years ago is causing you to have a different response to the diet this time around? Unlike last time, you're now getting ready to graduate and start your career. Is the thought of this and/or the preparation for this causing you added stress? 

But yeah, I hear you about the challenges of getting good fruit where you live. I live in the north, too. Being surrounded by amazing biodynamic farms and living near the seacoast made following a standard Peat diet, or my time following WAPF and RBTI, easy for me. Fruitarianism on the other hand, that takes some planning, but I have years of eating this way under my belt so I've learned how to make it work for me. 

During the winter, the majority of my calories come from canary and galia melons, sumo citrus, medjool dates, heirloom tomatoes and frozen fruit like young Thai coconut meat, strawberries, mangoes, wild blueberries and semi-dried figs. The last three I get from Trader Joe's. I need more fat during the winter so the rest of my calories come from raw coconut cream, raw olives and the low oil Caribbean (or Florida) variety of avocados. The oily Hass variety is the one that does me in so I try not to indulge in it too much.
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
Yes that might be causing me stress. I also think the weather has ALOT to do with it. I notice that I feel the closest to recovering when its the summer.

I am trying to move to a warmer/sunnier climate after I graduate, so thats something to look forward to.

I have also added progesterone to my regime and feel really good after taking some!

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next