•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
My Log
Oh, I am also taking25 mcg of t3 throughout the day and a quarter of a cynoplus tab at night. I wish there was an instruction manual to my body. I have no idea if the thyroid is doing anything and I don't know if I should drop it or take more or do nothing. My pulse and temps don't change anyways in a consistent way.

In the past when I have taken a lot of thryoid and jacked my pulse up I still felt awful so I don't think that metric is meaningful for me.
(05-30-2017, 11:02 PM)James_001 Wrote: Oh, I am also taking25 mcg of t3 throughout the day and a quarter of a cynoplus tab at night. I wish there was an instruction manual to my body. I have no idea if the thyroid is doing anything and I don't know if I should drop it or take more or do nothing. My pulse and temps don't change anyways in a consistent way.

In the past when I have taken a lot of thryoid and jacked my pulse up I still felt awful so I don't think that metric is meaningful for me.

Sufficient calcium and sodium are important to respond to thyroid hormone, ray said those two factors are present in most non-responders. I think methylene blue is also helpful when there's gut problems.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(05-30-2017, 11:02 PM)James_001 Wrote: Oh, I am also taking25 mcg of t3 throughout the day and a quarter of a cynoplus tab at night. I wish there was an instruction manual to my body. I have no idea if the thyroid is doing anything and I don't know if I should drop it or take more or do nothing. My pulse and temps don't change anyways in a consistent way.

Taking thyroid hormones even if you have no hypothyroid symptoms and elevated TSH is VERY unwise.. Now you pushing your body to unnatural state and I really don't know how you think that this will help you.. But it is your body, your life.. I am just saying..
I agree with YuraCZ. What is your sodium intake? All that liquid can easily create mineral imbalances. Add stress hormones to the mix and it is very likely. It could well be a reason why the same diet worked before but does not work now.
(05-31-2017, 05:41 AM)YuraCZ Wrote:

Taking thyroid hormones even if you have no hypothyroid symptoms and elevated TSH is VERY unwise.. Now you pushing your body to unnatural state and I really don't know how you think that this will help you.. But it is your body, your life.. I am just saying..
I have hypo symptoms though.....
(05-31-2017, 06:09 AM)nikotrope Wrote: I agree with YuraCZ. What is your sodium intake? All that liquid can easily create mineral imbalances. Add stress hormones to the mix and it is very likely. It could well be a reason why the same diet worked before but does not work now.

I use as much salt as I can tolerate on my meats and eggs. I dont know the exact amount.
(05-31-2017, 05:37 PM)James_001 Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 06:09 AM)nikotrope Wrote: I agree with YuraCZ. What is your sodium intake? All that liquid can easily create mineral imbalances. Add stress hormones to the mix and it is very likely. It could well be a reason why the same diet worked before but does not work now.

I use as much salt as I can tolerate on my meats and eggs. I dont know the exact amount.

Salt is most important in orange juice to balancing high potassium..
(05-31-2017, 05:36 PM)James_001 Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 05:41 AM)YuraCZ Wrote:

I have hypo symptoms though.....

like what
(05-31-2017, 06:54 PM)YuraCZ Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 05:37 PM)James_001 Wrote:

Salt is most important in orange juice to balancing high potassium..

Personally, the amount I can tolerate on meat and eggs is super low. When I did the milk/oj diet, I felt way better taking some salt with each cup (I would put like 0.5-1g of salt in a spoon and take it like a supplement).
James... Sad *cyber hug*

I know you feel hopeless, but let's keep plugging away at this, okay? 

I suspect the reason you were able to sleep last month but not currently is because you stopped taking the progesterone. Out of curiosity, have you ever tried pregnenolone instead? Your lack of sex drive does seem normal to me given your sleep deficit and depression, but I can't help but wonder what the effects on a young male's sex hormones are when he takes progesterone for a period of time. I just remember reading where Ray cautioned against its use for men under the age of 60, I believe it was. I certainly think you getting sleep is extremely important, but I also don't want you to feel discouraged if you've been able to sleep but not see an improvement with your sex drive, you know? This brings me to blood work...

The reason I asked if you had any recent blood work is because you may be driving one or more of your levels up/down and this could be contributing to your current issues. Back when I was taking thyroid, I began having really bad adrenaline symptoms and depression. Blood work showed my once normal cholesterol level had dropped too low and Ray told me "When your cholesterol is so low, your body can't respond fully to a thyroid supplement. Thyroid should cause the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and the other neurosteroids, but when cholesterol is too low it just increases stress hormones instead." As soon as I dropped the thyroid, the adrenaline symptoms away.

One thing you could try if you haven't already done so is to keep some juice by your bedside for when you wake at night. This helped both my mum and I fall back to sleep when we would wake during the night from stress hormones.
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next