Nikola Tesla, Basically Peating
"-Tesla was a vegetarian, but eventually limited himself to a peculiar diet of only milk, honey, bread and vegetable juices, according to Marc Seifer, author of "Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla," (Citadel Press, 1996). Later in life, he was consumed by an extreme aversion to germs, and would only eat food that had been boiled, reported PBS. (http://www.livescience.com/46720-nikola-...rsary.html)
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
I've read a lot of things in his diet that was not that Peaty. He also used to be a cocaine wine drinker (cocaine raises serotonin). He had a lot of mental issues like OCD, was in love with a pigeon and seemed quite asocial. Great mind but seemed quite unbalanced.
(10-27-2016, 06:49 AM)Arborescence Wrote: was in love with a pigeon when he was older than most people live

Important qualifier.
There are a ridiculous amounts of myths on the Internet about Tesla, amongst them the cocaine wine.

He stopped drinking coffee because he perceived it to be "superexciting and gradually exhausting the fine fibers of the brain", which is definitely how I feel when I drink it without sugar
> These delicious beverages superexcite and gradually exhaust the fine fibers of the brain. They also interfere seriously with arterial circulation and should be enjoyed all the more sparingly as their deleterious effects are slow and imperceptible

If you have read his texts you will find that he is in fact incredibly charismatic. I think he just spent his time appropriately.

The stuff about the wine is partly true; he did find a glass of alcohol to be "healthy";
> The truth about alcohol is that it acts as a caustic and a solvent. In small quantities it cleans and sterilizes the alimentary channels; thereby preventing infections, and proves a beneficial stimulant to thought, speech and physical exertion.
but I am not sure this is actually a true source, since it's from a NY telegram article, of which I have seen fakes - especially since he was very much against alcohol in his autobiography.
(10-28-2016, 08:49 PM)huxleyan_dialectics Wrote: There are a ridiculous amounts of myths on the Internet about Tesla, amongst them the cocaine wine.

He stopped drinking coffee because he perceived it to be "superexciting and gradually exhausting the fine fibers of the brain", which is definitely how I feel when I drink it without sugar
> These delicious beverages superexcite and gradually exhaust the fine fibers of the brain. They also interfere seriously with arterial circulation and should be enjoyed all the more sparingly as their deleterious effects are slow and imperceptible

If you have read his texts you will find that he is in fact incredibly charismatic. I think he just spent his time appropriately.

The stuff about the wine is partly true; he did find a glass of alcohol to be "healthy";
> The truth about alcohol is that it acts as a caustic and a solvent. In small quantities it cleans and sterilizes the alimentary channels; thereby preventing infections, and proves a beneficial stimulant to thought, speech and physical exertion.
but I am not sure this is actually a true source, since it's from a NY telegram article, of which I have seen fakes - especially since he was very much against alcohol in his autobiography.

True that there are so much myths about this man, hard to tell the truth from the wrong... Thanks for sharing this Smile.