Aspirin is pro-histamine and damages the mucosa
Quote:Aspirin enhanced histamine release from basophils via increased Syk kinase activation, and that the augmentation of histamine release by NSAIDs or FAs may be one possible cause of worsening symptoms in patients with chronic urticaria and FDEIA.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24153330

I think that CBD is a really better and more powerful substance than aspirin, and you can get pure crystals of it without PUFA. I will test it to improve my gut and nervous system very soon.
(12-18-2016, 02:12 PM)Arborescence Wrote:
Quote:Aspirin enhanced histamine release from basophils via increased Syk kinase activation, and that the augmentation of histamine release by NSAIDs or FAs may be one possible cause of worsening symptoms in patients with chronic urticaria and FDEIA.

I think that CBD is a really better and more powerful substance than aspirin, and you can get pure crystals of it without PUFA. I will test it to improve my gut and nervous system very soon.

Well, aspirin has been shown to be safe for a very long time, over many decades. One abstract, without any references,* does not make a case against it, based on a supposed receptor signalling pathway:
Quote:When the IgE receptor signaling pathway was activated, aspirin increased the phosphorylation of Syk

If aspirin does enhance a histamine release, that may not be a bad thing. The histamine release may be telling you not to eat that food. Aspirin is amplifying that signal, so that you clearly realize you should not eat it. 

The underlying cause of the histamine release is not the aspirin. It's the food you should not be eating. 

The gut is the issue. If the gut could be repaired by a diet of emulsified short chain fats, kefir and urea, then the food might not cause the histamine release.

*Edit: It looks like the article and its references are here:
http://diet-studies.com/open/Matsuo2013.pdf
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
Aspirin is one of the simplest medicines. It's generally very safe. Though of course, one should be careful *how* it is used. As far as the histamine stuff, could also relate back to the back-and-forth relationship between Prostaglandins and Histamine.
I s'pose that doesn't really prove the OP's theory. Still interesting though, probably related to compensatory effects or as the commentor before me so described, instinctual-release of histamine by means of bodily sensory neurons. Those are all valid concepts.
I always have strange sensations when I take aspirin and by that I mean that I don't feel very good. What's interesting is that CBD seems to have all anti-inflammatory effects of aspirin but with no impact on the mucosa and it doesn't seem to release histamine...
(12-20-2016, 01:28 AM)Arborescence Wrote: I always have strange sensations when I take aspirin and by that I mean that I don't feel very good. What's interesting is that CBD seems to have all anti-inflammatory effects of aspirin but with no impact on the mucosa and it doesn't seem to release histamine...

CBD has much more 'fun' effects and higher order benefits anyhow. :p
(12-20-2016, 01:28 AM)Arborescence Wrote: Can't wait to receive it and try it. How would you use pure crystals and which doses since you seem to know the product?
Ground it up and vape it, or turn it into a sublingual solution. Which crystals exactly are they? Which source?

(12-20-2016, 01:28 AM)Arborescence Wrote: By 'fun' effects, do you mean psychoactive and euphoric effects?
Yes sir I do.
Aspirin and most of the cannabinoids look very similar.

For some reason, phenol is magic.
At first glance, it looks like it's context specific. From the study, Aspirin also lowers histamine release "ASPIRIN INHIBITED HISTAMINE RELEASE IN- DUCED BY A23187, fMLP, AND THAPSIGARGIN A23187, fMLP, and thapsigargin also induce hista- mine release from basophils and mast cells by differ- ent mechanisms from anti-IgE21: A23187 directly acti- vates signaling pathways downstream of Ca2+ mobili- zation; fMLP activates a G protein-coupled receptor pathway; and thapsigargin induces Ca2+ influx by de- pletion of intracellular Ca2+ stores. In contrast to aspi- rin augmented IgE-mediated histamine release, 1000 μM of aspirin inhibited histamine release induced by A23187, fMLP, and thapsigargin (Fig. 4)."
I'd also compare results to animal in vivo studies, as this was in vitro. Given that aspirin lowered inflammation in certain circumstances and they never mentioned that in the title or abstract, but only in the body of text, I'd dig into the origin of this study some more. I've read many studies where the data is in conflict with the abstract.
(12-18-2016, 02:12 PM)Arborescence Wrote:

Hasn't Peat mentioned somewhere that this is seen as an aspirin allergy,he said it's not a true allergy,you can overcome it and there are studies of patient getting small doses of aspirin until they can tolerate more.
I think he mentioned it's because aspirin causes the cells to dump a lot of what it's sees as no good,aspirin gives it the energy to so,simplifying it obviously.