Music for Contemplation, Meditation
(02-26-2017, 11:11 PM)Jennifer Wrote: Okay, I'll try...

The most fitting song would be Sting's If I Ever Lose My Faith In You...

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
You could say I lost my belief in the holy church
You could say I lost my sense of direction
You could say all of this and worse, but
If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do

Some would say I was a lost man in a lost world
You could say I lost my faith in the people on T.V.
You could say I'd lost my belief in our politicians
They all seemed like game show hosts to me

I could be lost inside their lies without a trace
But every time I close my eyes, I see your face

I never saw no miracle of science
That didn't go from a blessing to a curse
I never saw no military solution
That didn't always end up as something worse,
But let me say this first

My fur babes were always the one constant in my world. They, even in death, are one of the few things I can have faith in and are probably the truest things I have ever known. I don't think I need to list all the ways our animal companions keep us grounded and real in a world filled with illusions. You know, the societal norms that are anything but normal when we gain some distance and eventually, some clarity. Animals don't seem to humor these not so norms like we do. I'm sure you guys get it, especially anyone who has faced trying times and had an animal (or any loved one) by their side, can surely understand where I'm coming from.

I don't really know what else to say. I could gush about Bee for an eternity, but words could never do that little man justice. Only if you could feel what I felt for him, would that do him justice. I'll try my best to describe it in words. Think of a scared little guy, shaking, and my genuine love for him, translated through my lips pressed against his forehead, a kiss, instantly stops the shaking. This isn't just things of fairytales and gag worthy romance novels. He felt what I felt for him. An unspoken bond, that loving energy, could calm him. Something I could see for my own eyes and not just some man's theory. Those are the "tools" for healing we never really talk about here. Just loving a being back to life doesn't always work, but sometimes it's that one missing piece to the puzzle.

Anyhow, I don't want to always be the sappy girl of the group. Can someone else take over? Just pretend, for my sake? P?

Thanks! And Bee thanks you too!

I have a little fur babe myself, who I'm afraid cares for me much more than I ever could for another. His is just true, selfless devotion. Just getting closer to him, even with a small touch, seems to let me feel what he's feeling, and gives me a glimpse of what it might be like to feel so much. 

I've lost a couple fur babes, but they aren't far away. I scoop out a little resting place for them, and then when I walk past, I still can say "hello!" Say hello to Bee for me!!!

Love you J!
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
Thumbs Up 
(02-26-2017, 11:11 PM)Jennifer Wrote: Okay, I'll try...

The most fitting song would be Sting's If I Ever Lose My Faith In You...

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
You could say I lost my belief in the holy church
You could say I lost my sense of direction
You could say all of this and worse, but

Some would say I was a lost man in a lost world
You could say I lost my faith in the people on T.V.
You could say I'd lost my belief in our politicians
They all seemed like game show hosts to me

I could be lost inside their lies without a trace
But every time I close my eyes, I see your face

I never saw no miracle of science
That didn't go from a blessing to a curse
I never saw no military solution
That didn't always end up as something worse,
But let me say this first

My fur babes were always the one constant in my world. They, even in death, are one of the few things I can have faith in and are probably the truest things I have ever known. I don't think I need to list all the ways our animal companions keep us grounded and real in a world filled with illusions. You know, the societal norms that are anything but normal when we gain some distance and eventually, some clarity. Animals don't seem to humor these not so norms like we do. I'm sure you guys get it, especially anyone who has faced trying times and had an animal (or any loved one) by their side, can surely understand where I'm coming from.

I don't really know what else to say. I could gush about Bee for an eternity, but words could never do that little man justice. Only if you could feel what I felt for him, would that do him justice. I'll try my best to describe it in words. Think of a scared little guy, shaking, and my genuine love for him, translated through my lips pressed against his forehead, a kiss, instantly stops the shaking. This isn't just things of fairytales and gag worthy romance novels. He felt what I felt for him. An unspoken bond, that loving energy, could calm him. Something I could see for my own eyes and not just some man's theory. Those are the "tools" for healing we never really talk about here. Just loving a being back to life doesn't always work, but sometimes it's that one missing piece to the puzzle.

Anyhow, I don't want to always be the sappy girl of the group. Can someone else take over? Just pretend, for my sake? P?

Not to butt in on tje conversation, but that's a great song, and you're right, love is so important. There's many conditions and justifications for not loving in our shitty culture, and animals can certainly help us power through that.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Oh yes, I love this song from Sting.
Thanks for sharing, guys. I appreciate knowing your perspectives.
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
(02-27-2017, 02:06 AM)VoS Wrote: Thanks! And Bee thanks you too!

I have a little fur babe myself, who I'm afraid cares for me much more than I ever could for another. His is just true, selfless devotion. Just getting closer to him, even with a small touch, seems to let me feel what he's feeling, and gives me a glimpse of what it might be like to feel so much. 

I've lost a couple fur babes, but they aren't far away. I scoop out a little resting place for them, and then when I walk past, I still can say "hello!" Say hello to Bee for me!!!

Love you J!

You know your relationship best but it seems to me you're just as capable of caring for another as much as your buddy cares for you. I believe he feels safe in showing you love and devotion because you reciprocate it. Take any abused dog and their inability to trust and you can see you're doing something right in the love department. 

Not only have you continued to honor your other fur babes even after they've passed, I remember what you told me about your last dog and P, that's a guy who knows how to express true devotion. We've known each other for a while now and I feel confident in saying that you are devoted and loving. I feel it even through my iPad screen. Big Grin

With that said, I felt the same as you up until recently. Maybe for you to feel that level of care for another requires a different kind of love. I could be completely wrong (as usual...haha!), but if you haven't already experienced it, I suspect the right girl will have you feeling like electricity is coursing through your entire body with just a look, and you'll care so much for her it hurts. 

I love you, too!
"One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." ~ Hafiz
(02-27-2017, 11:50 PM)Jennifer Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 02:06 AM)VoS Wrote: Thanks! And Bee thanks you too!

Love you J!

You know your relationship best but it seems to me you're just as capable of caring for another as much as your buddy cares for you. I believe he feels safe in showing you love and devotion because you reciprocate it. Take any abused dog and their inability to trust and you can see you're doing something right in the love department. 

Not only have you continued to honor your other fur babes even after they've passed, I remember what you told me about your last dog and P, that's a guy who knows how to express true devotion. We've known each other for a while now and I feel confident in saying that you are devoted and loving. I feel it even through my iPad screen. Big Grin

With that said, I felt the same as you up until recently. Maybe for you to feel that level of care for another requires a different kind of love. I could be completely wrong (as usual...haha!), but if you haven't already experienced it, I suspect the right girl will have you feeling like electricity is coursing through your entire body with just a look, and you'll care so much for her it hurts. 

I love you, too!

Thanks for the kind words. I feel we need another lyric for this.  Blush
Quote:Driving in a trance through your lost and lonely town
Something in the air that could blow your whole house down
Something like a tragedy
Something that you think you need

Turning on a dime you pull into your local store
Aisles going by and you forget what you're looking for
Maybe it's a pot of gold
Maybe you're too lost to know

Maybe what you need is a different kind of love
One that you have never seen
Maybe all you are is a part of a star on a long journey

Maybe what you need is a better kind of love
One that you could only dream
Maybe it will take all the sorrow away
And let you feel free

Nothing like a storm in your heart to wake you up
Someone by your side and you know their not enough
Maybe you should try and stay
Maybe you should walk away

One that you could only dream
Maybe it will take all the sorrow away
And let you feel free

Maybe you wake up to a brighter sun
Voices in your head screaming now the change has come
With a different kind of love

Maybe it will take all the sorrow away and let you feel free

Ooh...nice find! I wish I had seen this last night before bed.

After I had posted, I had the line "a different kind of love" stuck in my head. I was humming it thinking it came from a song, but just couldn't put my finger on which one it was. I went to bed still trying to figure it out and it finally came to me this morning. They weren't even the right lyrics. I was off by two words. Grr! Good song, though. lol
(02-28-2017, 02:13 PM)Jennifer Wrote: Ooh...nice find! I wish I had seen this last night before bed.

After I had posted, I had the line "a different kind of love" stuck in my head. I was humming it thinking it came from a song, but just couldn't put my finger on which one it was. I went to bed still trying to figure it out and it finally came to me this morning. They weren't even the right lyrics. I was off by two words. Grr! Good song, though. lol

What was the song that came to you this morning? We really do have a different kind of love, J!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbLuIxw3y4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-QgZay2JIM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9zsXLCyoCM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sltv4MQnBHI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E4w_5bY0tBY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zPKDEgMQehs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sTkQUL_MMLU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_-9hPeCVo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVO4Ism7_94