Has anyone read the ideas discussed by user gbolduev in the rpf?
I have done Hair Tissue Mineral Testing in the past but did not get to the point where I could interpret it. 

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threa...802/page-3
Isn't this hair mineral analysis stuff quackery?
THat's what I was thinking.
(11-28-2016, 01:33 PM)tastyfood Wrote: THat's what I was thinking.

I haven't studied what gbolduev said, but in general I don't trust "experts" in anything involving my own health. I just try to breathe slowly, and keep my belly from feeling bloated. I don't feel I need an expert for that.

I think each of us knows everything we need to know about our own bodies when we listen to ourselves, and ignore the "experts".

Probably one of the most amazing thing about Ray Peat for me is how he gets about 150 emails a day, and I've never seen one where he is claiming to be an expert on health.
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
(11-28-2016, 04:09 PM)VoS Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 01:33 PM)tastyfood Wrote: THat's what I was thinking.

I haven't studied what gbolduev said, but in general I don't trust "experts" in anything involving my own health. I just try to breathe slowly, and keep my belly from feeling bloated. I don't feel I need an expert for that.

I think each of us knows everything we need to know about our own bodies when we listen to ourselves, and ignore the "experts".

Probably one of the most amazing thing about Ray Peat for me is how he gets about 150 emails a day, and I've never seen one where he is claiming to be an expert on health.

Very true. What turned me off about that thread was the tone. I never met a truly intelligent (intellectually and emotionally) person who spoke like that.
His writings were more about figuring yourself out rather than trying to trying to pin the blame on too much of this or that hormone,neurotransmitter..etc. In other words, nobody should ever agree 100% with anyone pointing out their views/opinions and even scientific studies in regards to health because we are all unique and no amount of third party information can tell YOU what is right or wrong for your body. Many tests can be taken to determine the levels of XYZ you have but the way to interpret those results can go in so many different directions. Because like in Physics, an explanation of a "law" or phenomenon is always considered incomplete or wrong simply because those explanations don't include all other phenomena and their interactions simultaneously. In other words, nobody can authoritatively state that something works exactly in the manner that they propose without including the COMPLETE picture and nobody has a complete knowledge of anything... They only have third party studies and their own experiences.
tyw has similar ideas and does not have the arrogant tone of gbolduev. His tone is partially explained by the hostility some users had against him, because the "Ray Peat Forum is a place to discuss Ray Peat recommendations, not contradict them". The same reasons some of us are banned.

Garrett Smith uses hair mineral analysis and seems to help many people.
(12-01-2016, 12:01 AM)nikotrope Wrote: tyw has similar ideas and does not have the arrogant tone of gbolduev. His tone is partially explained by the hostility some users had against him, because the "Ray Peat Forum is a place to discuss Ray Peat recommendations, not contradict them". The same reasons some of us are banned.

Garrett Smith uses hair mineral analysis and seems to help many people.

"Anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with Church dogma must be burned without pity."

- Pope Innocent III
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]