Ray Peat says ice cream can make you fat
"if you eat nothing but haagen dazs ice cream you could get fat"

you COULD get fat. so he is not sure ;-)

it is delicous and there is no reason not to eat it. Balance is king
(11-29-2016, 03:52 PM)Ahanu Wrote: "if you eat nothing but haagen dazs ice cream you could get fat"

it is delicious and there is no reason not to eat it. Balance is king

Welcome. How did you find us? 

Too much ice cream does effect my gut a little poorly though, and seems to cut back on my slow wave sleep. I usually do a rectal infusion of warm coffee and salt when I tend to eat too much.
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
(11-29-2016, 06:30 PM)VoS Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 03:52 PM)Ahanu Wrote: "if you eat nothing but haagen dazs ice cream you could get fat"

Too much ice cream does effect my gut a little poorly though, and seems to cut back on my slow wave sleep. I usually do a rectal infusion of warm coffee and salt when I tend to eat too much.

Hello and thank you!
Narouz told me about this forum and after i was banned at the other one i started reading here too. Charly took my ban, together with some others, back btw.
it is a pity..the whole religious and strange trump cult that is going on there but there is still a lot good things to read.

ice cream
i haven´t got any bad reaction from it other than bad conscience because of people telling me it makes you fat ,-) 
i almost eat it every day and never felt better
(11-29-2016, 07:41 PM)Ahanu Wrote:

Hello and thank you!
Narouz told me about this forum and after i was banned at the other one i started reading here too. Charly took my ban, together with some others, back btw.
it is a pity..the whole religious and strange trump cult that is going on there but there is still a lot good things to read.

ice cream
i haven´t got any bad reaction from it other than bad conscience because of people telling me it makes you fat ,-) 
i almost eat it every day and never felt better

I think over-nutrition is dangerous, since many foods have a lot of toxins or irritants. 

Ideal nutrition is, of course, ideal, but as the lesser of two evils, under-nutrition is safer. The oldest living person in Europe says she has eaten two to three eggs a day since she was 20, and she's 117 today:

Quote:"I eat two eggs a day, and that's it. And cookies. But I do not eat much because I have no teeth," she told AFP news agency.

The egg routine started with a health crisis when Morano was 20. Suffering from anemia, she consulted a doctor who told her to eat three eggs a day: two raw and one cooked, the agency reported. She’s kept that diet for more than 90 years, which would amount to consuming more than 100,000 eggs.

"Emma has always eaten very few vegetables, very little fruit. When I met her, she ate three eggs per day, two raw in the morning and then an omelette at noon, and chicken at dinner," her current doctor, Carlo Bava, told AFP.
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
Her diet sounds like ketosis without carbs or sugar...
Ice Cream is mostly modified dairy and Sugar so...
(11-25-2016, 02:59 AM)Zachs Wrote: Starch makes you fat, duh.

Not sure if you're serious, but again I read some of your posts on both forums and it sounds like your health tranformed positively when you ditched fat and ate starch and lots of carbs, only months later did you decide high saturated fat and low starch (some bread) worked better.

How can you tell when you have had too much to eat, does your digestion suffer?