My Theory on Digestion
Interesting theory...
(12-19-2016, 11:40 PM)Area-1255 Wrote: Interesting theory...

Oh, that's great to see you here! Were you banned from RPF as well?
(12-20-2016, 01:25 AM)Arborescence Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 11:40 PM)Area-1255 Wrote: Interesting theory...

Oh, that's great to see you here! Were you banned from RPF as well?

Unfortunately, Yes, as you already know.  Angel
Ironically, this sites messaging template is way better.
Like the colors too.
(12-19-2016, 01:35 PM)Wagner83 Wrote: Interesting thoughts. I'm considering doing the PUFA depletion diet as PUFA seem to be one of the things many agree is negative for health. I'm curious what kind of food can you eat now? Hpw did you manage to know what kind of food you could add? Just experimenting and checking how you reacted?

I am pretty sure I could eat any food now, but I haven't tested all of them. I don't have any issues with the typical allergenic foods like shellfish or eggs, and I can eat around 2500 calories of a combination of liquid, high fat, starch, and fiber in a sitting without any problem. As far as knowing when to add foods, I think that indications of digestion getting stronger are increasing hunger/caloric intake, increasing tolerance to caffeine, and having more energy in general. I think that as digestion improves, starches become easier to digest first, followed by fat, and then followed by liquids.
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
(11-25-2016, 12:58 AM)Sea Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 11:43 PM)things Wrote: How do you know that the negative effects you experienced were not due to the gradual accumulation of DHEA from supplementation over a long period of time, or possibly the "active" ingredients of the other new supplements you started taking? Seems like there are too many variables in play here to be able to place the blame squarely on DMSO.

I didn't make it clear in the original post, but it is a summary of roughly a four year period. During my experiments with DMSO, other variables changed very little. The side effects I experienced were consistent with the known side effects of DMSO and the sulfites, and I did verify the reaction by trying small amounts several weeks after initially discontinuing usage of those supplements. I had prior experience supplementing DHEA, Thyroid and vitamin K2, while never experiencing such side effects. DHEA is used in the body building community at significantly higher dosages than those found in Haidut's DMSO supplements and is generally viewed as a very mild supplement. Further, accumulation of DHEA wouldn't make any sense in my case as non-DMSO DHEA helped me recover, and I have yet to experience side effects from non-DMSO DHEA after using much more over a longer period of time. Likewise, the NDT(WPThyroid) also aided in my recovery at dosages as high as 4 grains/day until I ran out. Therefore, from my perspective there is no doubt that the side effects I experienced were the result of DMSO or its metabolites.

Interesting, that's just the dose im at. Been off dmso, maybe 2 months. Tetracycline of limited efficacy.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
This is very interesting.

I have problems with my gums since 5 years. They are receeding. My last antibiotic treatment was 7 years ago.

I also can't tolerate coffee well. Do the raw carrot since 3 months without success. Should I try antibiotics or the activated charcoal? I only have access here to characol/sulfur tablets from the farmacy.

Thank you up front.
(04-02-2018, 05:19 PM)johann1988 Wrote: This is very interesting.

I have problems with my gums since 5 years. They are receeding. My last antibiotic treatment was 7 years ago.

I also can't tolerate coffee well. Do the raw carrot since 3 months without success. Should I try antibiotics or the activated charcoal? I only have access here to characol/sulfur tablets from the farmacy.

Thank you up front.

I think antibiotics are mainly useful if your digestion of food is not up to par. If you can't digest food well, then I think antibiotics have a very good risk/reward ratio for short term low dose usage. I think that to correct any problem with bacteria in the long run, the metabolic rate has to be increased. I'd try some cynomel if you don't tolerate coffee well. Even just 5-10 mcg/day of cynomel can make a big improvement in metabolism over a month or two. Aspirin can make a lot of improvement in peristalsis and I think helps oral problems through the same mechanism. You can work up to high dosages of aspirin, by just starting with 1 and then overtime when you barely feel 1 aspirin, taking another later in the day, and so on. Ray Peat recommends taking some vitamin k2 if you use aspirin regularly. I think that working up to 2 grams of aspirin split into at least 3 different dosages throughout the day has an effect similar to antibiotics and should improve oral problems. I think that topical vitamin A can also be a very effective supplement for intestinal problems and for increasing metabolism. You can try 50kiu on the top of your feet. Whenever I can feel a decent effect from a moderate dosage of topical vitamin A, I've usually been deficient in it.

I only recommend powdered activated charcoal so that it can be easily mixed in a soda. I think the dosages of charcoal that tend to be effective require swallowing too many capsules/tablets which I think makes intestinal irritation a lot more likely. Following is the one I like the most, although Ray Peat would recommend a larger particle size as he has concerns about presorption that I don't share: https://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/act...0-usp.html
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
(04-02-2018, 09:18 PM)Sea Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 05:19 PM)johann1988 Wrote: This is very interesting.

Thank you up front.

I think antibiotics are mainly useful if your digestion of food is not up to par. If you can't digest food well, then I think antibiotics have a very good risk/reward ratio for short term low dose usage. I think that to correct any problem with bacteria in the long run, the metabolic rate has to be increased. I'd try some cynomel if you don't tolerate coffee well. Even just 5-10 mcg/day of cynomel can make a big improvement in metabolism over a month or two. Aspirin can make a lot of improvement in peristalsis and I think helps oral problems through the same mechanism. You can work up to high dosages of aspirin, by just starting with 1 and then overtime when you barely feel 1 aspirin, taking another later in the day, and so on. Ray Peat recommends taking some vitamin k2 if you use aspirin regularly. I think that working up to 2 grams of aspirin split into at least 3 different dosages throughout the day has an effect similar to antibiotics and should improve oral problems. I think that topical vitamin A can also be a very effective supplement for intestinal problems and for increasing metabolism. You can try 50kiu on the top of your feet. Whenever I can feel a decent effect from a moderate dosage of topical vitamin A, I've usually been deficient in it.

I only recommend powdered activated charcoal so that it can be easily mixed in a soda. I think the dosages of charcoal that tend to be effective require swallowing too many capsules/tablets which I think makes intestinal irritation a lot more likely. Following is the one I like the most, although Ray Peat would recommend a larger particle size as he has concerns about presorption that I don't share: https://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/act...0-usp.html

Thank you sea.

I will try the activated charcoal tablets (just can't order something online at the moment) and low dose aspirin and look for some improvements. Supplementing vitamin k2 never did something to me. I eat greens and fruits for k1. For vitamin A I eat liverwurst.
I have some questions to the use of activated charcoal.

At what time of the day it's best to take the activated charcoal?
Could/should it be used every day?

Thanks!