•  Previous
  • 9(current)
What i have done to cure hypo and stay lean.
I no longer think diet has a whole lot to do with health in general. The Ray Peat diet is misguided and what you are eating is beyond orthorexic, i have no doubt you are starving. Metabolism is all that matters. Controlling bacteria in the body, removing inflammation, this is what is important and almost any diet can get your there besides the obvious, high pufa or all raw, things that are antithesis to health.

When i went zero fat i was eating a ton of rice, wheat, fat free milk, egg whites, some beans, fruit, veg. Its not a very fun diet to be sure but it gets the job done for losing fat, ridding the body of pufa, and tbe higher fiber pushes toxins through the gut fast. Calories are a must though, eating at least 2500 a day.

Im not sure what i would recommend you do except to eat more real foods, easily digestible, tasty foods. And maybe try some antibiotic protocols, activated charcoal, other ways to keep bacteria in check.
A little update. Im basically eating whatever i want now. Lots more junk food then is probably good but it seems to not make much difference. Im stayong lean no matter what. I think activated charcoal, diatomacous earth and tetracycline play a decent role in that. I dont take any supplementa besides those amd beteine hcl if i eat a huge meal which i do twice a day usually. The only guidelines i still really follow is to eat easier to digest foods, eat lots of calories, eat only 2-3 meals a day without snacking and to avoid foods i dont like, like vegetables, seeds, nuts, oils.

I also drink a decent amount of hard spirits and smoke 3-4 smokes a day. All seems well.
Zachs, I am really interested in your journey. What do you eat currently? What helped you the most? I am planning to do the same, depleting PUFA in a  few months on very low-fat and then going back to normal macro ratios with normal food sources, no PUFA oils and that is it.
I'm interested too, Olivia. Female in 30s here.
I'm in my week 2 of RP, coming off of keto for 1.5 years (tried Peat before 5 years ago after doing Paleo, but I couldn't stick to it and I think this time around I'll have to tailor it according to my needs and stop worrying about being so strict). While I felt great on keto for about a year, my energy waned as I reached a healthy weight. My energy and brainpower is simply amazing on all the carbs right now. I feel relaxed, positive, uplifted, and no more 12pm naps. My blood sugars are even better than they were on keto, and I expected a big adjustment period.

I'm totally into Zachs' thread. I've tried going lower and lower fat, but it just seems like my lower level of satiation is around 30-50g of fat a day. I got by a few days on 30g, but yesterday around 3000cal and 30 g fat I was still starving until I had a pat of butter on a piece of steak and was finally able to stop thinking about food. Same today - At 1800cals around 3pm, still ravenous, and even after 3 oz steak I had to cave and cook an egg in coconut oil with a bunch of cheese and I still feel a bit hungry, but I'm having dinner in an hour so I'll just wait.

Zachs said calorie consumption would greatly increase on near 0 fat, but I worry because I'm female, and still hungry at 3000 calories on even low fat. I just thought I'd put this out there if any female lurkers are as intrigued by Zachs' experience as I am, but don't want to try or are finding it impossible to adhere to. It seems difficult, at least for me, in the initial stages of following Peat protocol.

I might have to wait because of the year on keto. Perhaps my body will adjust to lower fat eventually...

•  Previous
  • 9(current)