•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
What i have done to cure hypo and stay lean.
(02-24-2017, 02:50 PM)Zachs Wrote: Hey Jay, i think having high temps is a few factors.  A constant supply of sugar, plenty of calories (staying anabolic), keeping stress factors low, especially endotoxin.  Endotoxin seems to spike adrenalin like nothing else and will make the body temp drop drastically.

As for your food combining, that sounds like a pretty good plan but remember that protein spikes insulin but doesnt supply sugar so a high protein and fat meal will drain glycogen stores and trigger stress hormones.  Be sure to always take in a good amount of sugar with any protein meal.

No i dont drink coffee. I have tried to implement it many times over the years but i have never had a positive experience, same with cocoa.  I think it might have to do with the fact that im a slow metabolizer of stimulants.  But drinking bean water never seemed like a good idea to me, its so bitter.  Its hard to argue with all the positive studies of caffeine but it just doesnt do anything positive for me.  The same goes for aspirin, and a lot of other things people get benefits from.  I have had the best results from food and stress reduction.  Right now the only supps i take are mag, vit e, vit k and small amounts of progest-e.

Cheers Zachs; regarding Temps will bear those in mind. Going to keep fibre very low, and eat only foods I know that digest well.

Very good point on the food combining, didn't consider this. The fruit meals should be fine in the morning and gives me a chance to rest my digestive system as protein is harder and requires more t digest, I find fruits really do digest best this way. Regarding the protein/fat - may be good to include whole fat milk in these meals and then I have the lactose as the sugar source. Was also thinking about the Randle Cycle hear though, and mixing carbs and fats together. Hopefully this will not be an issue. 

We sound like we are of a very similar disposition in regards to what our body can handle; I absolutely love coffee but I dont think it does me any favours (always get the jitters and have had extreme insomnia from it at times - must be a slow metabolizer myself).  It does induce a stress reaction in me so may be a good idea to limit it. Interestingly I find i depend on it when Im not eating enough and rarely want it when in a surplus of calories - as if my body requires energy and sees coffee as a way of getting it. makes sense intuitively. 

- what are your current calories, macros and BF levels?

Zachs all this info is so helpful thanks again.
Im not sure of any of those numbers since i dont track.

Iv attached a sample day of eating. It was eggs, meat, cheese and toast with honey for breakfast. A ruben for lunch and snacks for dinner.

Im right around 10% bf. Not quite 6 pack visable but 4 pack and lots of definition everywhere.
[Image: nov5n4.jpg]
I'm confused about the Arugula, raw and 1 and 1/2 cup is quite a lot of raw Arugula. I thought raw greens are not a metabolic good food. Can you explain this to me. I was a salad fanatic for years. Frankly I was elated when discovering that they may not even be needed for nutrition but I'm new to all this so the more varied info the better for me compare views and info.
That argula was cooked in butter until well wilted. I dont think vegetavles in general is needed for health but field greens are pretty safe. I dont eat them every day though.
(11-21-2016, 04:00 AM)Zachs Wrote: Lets get right into the current diet that i have been doing for a good half a year with only little tweaks here and there.  Ill preface it by saying that i have gotten real comfortable with my health where it is and have been pretty relaxed on what i eat some weeks.  Pretty much anything is game once in awhile.  That said, i do have more goals and have been pretty into achieving them lately.

The diet is based mainly off of an ancestral diet for my norwegian and northern europeam heritage and notes from peat and edward.

The diet is based on animal products.  I eat a lot of pork or all kinds, beef, lamb, goat, eggs, fish, and full fat dairy (goat milk, cheese and cream).  Pork is my go to meat, i find it extremely stimulating for me.  This makes up maybe 3/4th of my calories.  After that i eat a decent amount of bread as my only real starch source, non fortified always.  I use mainly maple syrup as my main source of sugar, mainly for the mangenese and because its the best tasting thing on earth.  I say this diet is high fat but its also pretty high sugar.  I eat small amounts of well cooked greens, mushrooms and fruit, and also drink sodas and fruit juice once in awhile.  Oh and tea, i like sweetened caffeine free tea.

Beyond the diet there some nuances that i really think play an important role.  The first is fasting.  I dont advise anyone to do a lot of fasting but i think for some, letting digestion rest can be very invigorating to the body and mind.  I never fast more then 16 hours at a time and usually have some sugars at all times to keep a constant supply of glucose going.  Mainly i dont eat solid foods late at night or early in the morning.  I like to eat solid foods between 10am and 6pm.

I also only eat 2 meals a day or one big grazing meal.  I get the majority of calories here, aiming for 2500 or so.  3k cals is a normal day for me.  I also sip on cream, maple syrup and other sugar sources throughout the morning and night.

Magnesium.  Magnesium is probably the most important mineral we can consume and almost everyone is deficient in it, especially Peat eaters because of the high amount of calcium consumed.  Ill go into this in the future but i take a good amount every day.

Supplements, i dont take them.  I have tried nearly everything and most are junk, some make things worse.  The only things id ever recommend is mag, zinc and maybe vit d in the winter and k2.

Of course sleep, red light therapy, movement and stress reduction are all important but i can talk about those later.

What exactly do you mean when you refer to consuming sugar during your fasting period.  Would that include fruit, orange juice or regular table sugar under tongue, or what exactly?
These days my only sugar sources besides dairy is orange juice, maple syrup and table sugar.

I dont really "fast" anymore, just eat meals when i can. I mever really snack on food, just eat 2-3 times a day in big amounts. I fill the gaps with sugar sources.

For instance my first big meal today was homemade hollandaise sauce (2 egg yolks, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 stick butter, salt) 4 eggs, 6oz pork tenderloin. Drank a mixture of 1 cup kefir, 1 cup whole milk, 2oz maple syrup. Supped some vit e and an aspirin.
(04-24-2017, 01:21 AM)Zachs Wrote: These days my only sugar sources besides dairy is orange juice, maple syrup and table sugar.  

I dont really "fast" anymore, just eat meals when i can.  I mever really snack on food, just eat 2-3 times a day in big amounts.  I fill the gaps with sugar sources.  

For instance my first big meal today was homemade hollandaise sauce (2 egg yolks, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 stick butter, salt) 4 eggs, 6oz pork tenderloin.  Drank a mixture of 1 cup kefir, 1 cup whole milk, 2oz maple syrup.  Supped some vit e and an aspirin.
Thanks, this sample food log helped a lot--and Dawn, that's some delicious food.  Are you still eating starch?? IF was a good tool for me for convenience and weight loss but I stopped bc kept hearing how dangerous it is for metabolism and even more fear attached to it  in that "it may not effect you now but just wait," so I wasn't going to take the chance even though I didn't experience any negative results.  I started Intermittent Fasting again after reading your post and was so thrilled to see that a person can follow this metabolic philosophy and fast with no ill effects.  Thanks a bunch for that.  IF is so perfect for my schedule.  Too busy in the morns to eat and usually not hungry.  I will keep watching how it effects me. btw---is your milk and kefir raw?
I think short fasts are great for digestion. But they can raise stress hormones taken too long.

Yea i get raw goat milk and kefir.
I don't trust that amount of protein.

I have learned that high protein is bad for the body. Took me forever to get it.

Less meat (almost none) and less dairy (down to only butter and some aged cheese when I make traditional gnocchi).

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next