Broda Barnes and Jan Kwasniewski
(11-20-2016, 05:34 AM)halken Wrote: Coconut oil is great due to it having the highest SFA content (semi-refined is the best).
Fructose is king for testosterone which is what kings are made of. Anything that can supply energy concentration from the liver to the gonads that then reinforces metaphysical energy to the brain (which is where the phrase "grow some balls" came from) is essential to longevity.
Glucose is great if it is binded to foods high in amylopectin aka waxy starches.
Lactose is great if binded to lactic acid followed with SFA aka anything fermented dairy.
Protein is a bit of a wild card, still unsure about it though I do believe it is the one macro that shares its importance within the body by it being synthesized endogenously from the other macros.
Avoid lunch but have big breakfasts and small dinners.
Eating: chew your drink and drink your food. Let the saliva infuse itself with the food so your stomach can digest proficiently (one of the major problems with the obesity epidemic). 
Learn to savor the art of food by eating it with gratitude.
Fast one day a week.
Continence above masturbation as masturbation is vitality-suicide.
Sleep at 10pm - 11pm most nights.
Lose weight slowly.
All this energy must be exerted with a purpose i. e. art. Go create something and be sure to live life like a nomad that invites exploration and curiosity:
One life spent best is worth a thousand lives spent poorly.
Purpose is the heart of having a story. To have a heart is to be alive, so go live a life worth telling so that someone else can do likewise and so forth.
I love this. I'm guessing this is what you've figured out through massive trial and error and research. I do love fat and sugar together but it really puts the weight on. However I couldn't agree more that testosterone is key. That is the piece of the puzzle I cannot figure out. 

Perhaps that's why you mentioned fasting, to counter weight gain by eating less and also giving your system a rest. I am curious also why you avoid lunch. I do quite the opposite of that and have a big lunch small breakfast small dinner. Is there a reasoning behind this?

[/url]    
[url=http://raypeatforums.org/editpost.php?pid=680]
(11-20-2016, 09:26 AM)huxleyan_dialectics Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 12:12 AM)Dizzryda Wrote: Peat has mentioned several times that 2 qts of milk(low fat) and a qt of orange juice is a good starting point. From there he suggests coffee liver shellfish and a carrot salad. Basically choose foods with no pufa, no starch and limited muscle meats. I could answer and say there is no peat diet but that's pretty much what I've heard him say many times.

Are you squeezing the oranges themselves? I haven't seen store-bought orange juice that can be compared with actual ripe oranges.

No I use store bought preferably organic. I should probably put more effort into it but I'm not confident in my picking the correctly ripened fruit. Even store bought is less likely to cause stress symptoms than pure sugar though with me. However add saturated fat and I'm fine.
(11-20-2016, 04:40 PM)Dizzryda Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 12:12 AM)Dizzryda Wrote: Peat has mentioned several times that 2 qts of milk(low fat) and a qt of orange juice is a good starting point. From there he suggests coffee liver shellfish and a carrot salad. Basically choose foods with no pufa, no starch and limited muscle meats. I could answer and say there is no peat diet but that's pretty much what I've heard him say many times.

Are you squeezing the oranges themselves? I haven't seen store-bought orange juice that can be compared with actual ripe oranges.

No I use store bought preferably organic. I should probably put more effort into it but I'm not confident in my picking the correctly ripened fruit. Even store bought is less likely to cause stress symptoms than pure sugar though with me. However add saturated fat and I'm fine.

In my experience, the best commercially available orange juice I have found is the Whole Foods fresh squeezed orange juice. I find that it tends to vary in quality between stores, and I try to find the stores that carry juice that is a darker orange color.
"The true method of knowledge is experiment." -William Blake
(11-20-2016, 04:05 PM)Dizzryda Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 05:34 AM)halken Wrote: Coconut oil is great due to it having the highest SFA content (semi-refined is the best).
Fructose is king for testosterone which is what kings are made of. Anything that can supply energy concentration from the liver to the gonads that then reinforces metaphysical energy to the brain (which is where the phrase "grow some balls" came from) is essential to longevity.
Glucose is great if it is binded to foods high in amylopectin aka waxy starches.
Lactose is great if binded to lactic acid followed with SFA aka anything fermented dairy.
Protein is a bit of a wild card, still unsure about it though I do believe it is the one macro that shares its importance within the body by it being synthesized endogenously from the other macros.
Avoid lunch but have big breakfasts and small dinners.
Eating: chew your drink and drink your food. Let the saliva infuse itself with the food so your stomach can digest proficiently (one of the major problems with the obesity epidemic). 
Learn to savor the art of food by eating it with gratitude.
Fast one day a week.
Continence above masturbation as masturbation is vitality-suicide.
Sleep at 10pm - 11pm most nights.
Lose weight slowly.
All this energy must be exerted with a purpose i. e. art. Go create something and be sure to live life like a nomad that invites exploration and curiosity:
Purpose is the heart of having a story. To have a heart is to be alive, so go live a life worth telling so that someone else can do likewise and so forth.
I love this. I'm guessing this is what you've figured out through massive trial and error and research. I do love fat and sugar together but it really puts the weight on. However I couldn't agree more that testosterone is key. That is the piece of the puzzle I cannot figure out. 

Perhaps that's why you mentioned fasting, to counter weight gain by eating less and also giving your system a rest. I am curious also why you avoid lunch. I do quite the opposite of that and have a big lunch small breakfast small dinner. Is there a reasoning behind this?

[/url]    
[url=http://raypeatforums.org/editpost.php?pid=680]

It is crucial for all to experiment on their own. I have reached this far by spending more time conducting experiments on myself over the years to find out what works best. Research is complimentary and necessary to justify experiments, but never a primary source for true change. Be a real scientist and prove your experiments with your own body.

The strange thing about all this is that the War of the Macros is quite ridiculous. I have lost rapid weight on HCLF and LCHF diets. I mean, how bizarre is that? To lose weight on BOTH? It's as if people need to identify with what they eat before they can accept any result that occurs. Identify so they can justify why their past failings occurred. Never addressing the more nuanced and finer aspects that are boring and require more effort.

If I said you had to change your sleep hygiene and chew twice as much, how many would be able to accept that and give up the whole HCLF vs LCHF battle? Most likely none.

And that is because they want to lose weight immediately. They want results immediately. It's a stress response in and of itself. Then it leads to "learned helplessness" and nurture's a habit of victimhood. So the cycle is reinforced when the guru's have "The Answer". No wonder these paradigms are so lucrative business-wise.

I would not recommend fasting straight away. Fasting is more of a system flush for the liver. As Peat would say, the liver is the biochemist of the body. Get your liver straight and the rest fall into place. Of course the results are slower and more gradual so that goes against the immediatist attitude you will find in most forums of nutritional advice.

I avoid lunch because the energy from my big breakfast lasts the entire day before dinner.
(11-20-2016, 04:57 PM)Sea Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 04:40 PM)Dizzryda Wrote:

In my experience, the best commercially available orange juice I have found is the Whole Foods fresh squeezed orange juice. I find that it tends to vary in quality between stores, and I try to find the stores that carry juice that is a darker orange color.

Does it separate after a few hours? Not just a dark orange gradient, but the top of the juice should be almost water. 
It also tends to go bad after a day as well (in the refrigerator), I'm not sure how I would go about selling that.
Dizzryda
(11-20-2016, 05:34 AM)halken Wrote: All this energy must be exerted with a purpose i. e. art. Go create something and be sure to live life like a nomad that invites exploration and curiosity:
 I completely agree, I think the teleological and existential nature of ray's work is severely lacking in places such as rpf.com 
 "For the real world has inexhaustible splendour, the real life is full of meaning and abundance, where we grasp it, it is full of miracles and glory.” N. Hartmann, from http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/howdoyouknow.shtml
(11-21-2016, 11:58 AM)huxleyan_dialectics Wrote: Dizzryda
(11-20-2016, 05:34 AM)halken Wrote: All this energy must be exerted with a purpose i. e. art. Go create something and be sure to live life like a nomad that invites exploration and curiosity:
 I completely agree, I think the teleological nature of ray's work is severely lacking in places such as rpf.com 
 "For the real world has inexhaustible splendour, the real life is full of meaning and abundance, where we grasp it, it is full of miracles and glory.” N. Hartmann, from http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/howdoyouknow.shtml

Word.

Most of us who understand this well have been banned from there. Most of us who are banned from there are here. 

Purpose re-purposed.

Cool
(11-20-2016, 04:05 PM)Dizzryda Wrote: I love this. I'm guessing this is what you've figured out through massive trial and error and research. I do love fat and sugar together but it really puts the weight on. However I couldn't agree more that testosterone is key. That is the piece of the puzzle I cannot figure out. 

I should also mention that testosterone is a phenomena-seeking hormone. Things like achievement, careerism and courtship are some (and many more) of the activities that allow this hormone to be secreted proficiently.

Progesterone, on the other hand, is more passive and magnetic to testosterone seeking it out through the environment.