Ray Peat Forums
"On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Printable Version

+- Ray Peat Forums (http://www.raypeatforums.org)
+-- Forum: Metabolic Health (http://www.raypeatforums.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Authoritarianism (http://www.raypeatforums.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" (/showthread.php?tid=405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

"On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Sea - 11-19-2017

I just saw the following post from the creator of peatarian.com. Does anyone know anything about any of this?

"I made this forum in 2012 to better gauge the validity of Peat's work, and closed it 3 years later for a variety of reasons.

Around the same time (in 2015), I was hacked by a group of people. These were people who knew each other well ; Danny Roddy, Brad Abrahams (producer of the 'On the Back of a Tiger' documentary), Pranarupa (now 'Vashin Vetala'), Christina Ieronymakis, Karen McCary, etc.

They went in my computer and commented on about every aspect of my private life, even my own mother. The comments were never short of extremely vile, and the numerous attempts I made to make it stop were ignored. Roddy to this day keeps blaming me for their hacking.

I'm at loss, do not know what to do, have contacted police stations twice, reset my computer, but never managed to make them leave.

I have no clue why this is done, why theses people keep doing this, why I'm always followed everywhere I go (online). All I do know is that, as my forum closed, Roddy set up a Patreon, Brad Abrahams crowdfunded 80k for his documentary, 'Haidut' (supposed to be a slav analogue of 'Robin Hood) set up a supplement store, Karen McCary started coaching, Charles Mathers (who runs RayPeatForum) and his family set up another supplement store, etc. 

Many people call this community a cult, I would agree with that."
(http://peatarian.com/55227/on-ray-peat-and-danny-roddy)

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - ChasingGoodandEvil - 11-20-2017

(11-19-2017, 08:42 PM)Sea Wrote: I just saw the following post from the creator of peatarian.com. Does anyone know anything about any of this?

"I made this forum in 2012 to better gauge the validity of Peat's work, and closed it 3 years later for a variety of reasons.

Around the same time (in 2015), I was hacked by a group of people. These were people who knew each other well ; Danny Roddy, Brad Abrahams (producer of the 'On the Back of a Tiger' documentary), Pranarupa (now 'Vashin Vetala'), Christina Ieronymakis, Karen McCary, etc.

They went in my computer and commented on about every aspect of my private life, even my own mother. The comments were never short of extremely vile, and the numerous attempts I made to make it stop were ignored. Roddy to this day keeps blaming me for their hacking.

I'm at loss, do not know what to do, have contacted police stations twice, reset my computer, but never managed to make them leave.

I have no clue why this is done, why theses people keep doing this, why I'm always followed everywhere I go (online). All I do know is that, as my forum closed, Roddy set up a Patreon, Brad Abrahams crowdfunded 80k for his documentary, 'Haidut' (supposed to be a slav analogue of 'Robin Hood) set up a supplement store, Karen McCary started coaching, Charles Mathers (who runs RayPeatForum) and his family set up another supplement store, etc. 

I wonder if that documentary will ever be finished ?

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - krebs - 11-20-2017

(11-20-2017, 02:26 PM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 08:42 PM)Sea Wrote: I just saw the following post from the creator of peatarian.com. Does anyone know anything about any of this?

I wonder if that documentary will ever be finished ?

They said on facebook that it will be released at some point but they didn't know when.

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Sea - 11-20-2017

When I read the post it reminded me of the following thread which discussed Charlie claiming his website was being hacked after which he installed software that severely violated the privacy of all active raypeatforum.com users. I wonder if Charlie was merely projecting.

http://raypeatforums.org/showthread.php?tid=137

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Zachs - 11-22-2017

I can believe a lot of this. Mainly i can believe charlie would do something like that.

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Damngoodcoffee - 11-25-2017

Soon the "Ray Peat Community" needs a vegancheetah-type youtuber to report all the drama!

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - cherimoya - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 02:24 AM)Damngoodcoffee Wrote: Soon the "Ray Peat Community" needs a vegancheetah-type youtuber to report all the drama!

looks more serious than drama, if true

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Zozo - 03-28-2018

I don't know how to prove this is real, but all of it points to exactly that, and it is really scary to me.
It's those people I mentioned above, who seemed to have hacked into my computer (not saying one of them did the hacking, I think they just have a person that did it and who made them aware of that). As far as I can tell, they seem to have some kind of secret FB group or so where they discuss things, while they bully passive-aggressively in the background. So every time I ended up looking at their profiles back in the days, there was an odd overlap with my (private) life. I did not see such things when I visited unrelated people's profiles (let's say I follow some non-Peat-related people on twitter, there is no overlap - but I looked at their profiles and there would be a lot of overlap, sometimes to such an extreme extent I just couldn't look past it anymore and became quite paranoid). At first I thought it was coincidence - for a year or so. But it became so much that as time went on it became clear to me that not only could they read my e-mails, they also seemed to be able to spy on me through my computer. Last year I did tests, insulting them and seeing if they reacted, which indeed worked (the same insults I used were suddenly spouted out by them, always in passive-aggressive ways so there would be no direct proof).
Everything points to them having no morals left and only doing that which benefits the in-group. I've done literally everything I can to make it stop, and to cut all chords, but it's like I'm trying to reason with, say, a bunch of animals. They really, really don't want to solve their problems.

You might have noticed weird behaviour. Take Pranarupa for example, who very suddenly closed down his blog and then reopened it partially, with a strange nickname (meaning 'vagina vampire'). His articles seemed to directly attack me. The alliterations, for example. Back in 2013 I constantly wrote titles with alliterations in some private stuff I wrote down. When I saw him do it back in March 2015 it struck me as really strange. Not just the alliterations, but also the numerical symbology which I also used together with the alliterations. The majority of Facebook posts Pranarupa made in the past few years are easy to interpret. Usually seemed to be derogatory comments on my looks. I had some picture taken at me for the uni student card and I looked much older than usual, with very messy hair, kind of a dark tone. At the time many comments were made that seemed to overlap with this, such as comments on facial asymmetry and looking old. Pranarupa would put up pictures of monsters and the likes, usually in accordance with some unflattering picture that had been made of me.

You had Christina Ieronymakis who was key in understanding this, I name her name again because she did not respect my request to stop bullying. She contacted me out of nowhere in December 2014, which I now think was probably due to seeing me getting hacked. I ignored her but even a year later she contacted me again (she did so a few times in 2015, which to me seemed absurd since I simply did not answer to her). At the time I had been under the impression that Christina put videos on her public youtube profile that were meant to be interpreted. Though for a long while I thought it was probably my imagination. An obvious example is her calling me at the end of 2015, then putting a video on there with the title 'Final Call'. Her videos became so ridiculously interpretable, more and more so throughout the years, that she's probably one of the main reasons I believe I was hacked. Eg. I end up in the hospital, develop a scar after surgery, when back home I google how to heal scars betters, she puts this online :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZiJkicepzM
Or I do some shitty freelancer job which earns me very little during exam period, she posts this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnpoK6BEDQc (can't find the exact vid, it was not live but it was that song)
Or I'm starting to think out loud I'm losing hair, and note down somewhere I need to fix my bike (my bike is red and they should know that since I bought it online relatively recently), she posts this (will comment on the use of French later on) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHZqVeqoXY
Or I call her swollen out loud because she kept commenting on my looks and she posts this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G76SHa5IFnU
It's hard to explain but she seemed to refer a very great deal to my drawings I used to make back in 2013. She seems to think they were about her but it makes little sense.
Or I start whistling a whole lot, then :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3RCwNseqQ
(she also posted another vid with a bird around the same time, it was a vid about a guy with a bird and a sick father and a jellyfish, this was right after I had a spat with my father and I mumbled in front of my computer something along the lines of 'he's sick', kept whistling, and called her a jellyfish out loud)
She presented herself as a Chinese woman (there was some post I looked at online presenting Japanese and Chinese people as almost polar opposites) a few times, eg. : https://soundcloud.com/kraejiyaeji
Or I post this vid online to parody her as she likes to do with me, then change my mind and take it away, and she posts this (notice the representation of me as Japanese and her as a cat again) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNNv1znQbzQ
Or I look at French vids and she posts this (the French thing got weird as she never talked a single word of French but suddenly went all in there) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmnx-e928k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWhR0RMcdfw
Or I subscribe to some Flemish pages and Christina subscribes to 'Flemish TV BE' and when I 'respond' disparagingly (hard to explain how, also by posting a youtube vid on my profile) she unsubscribes.
All of it seems way too shady to me, you'd have to be in my place to appreciate how much the content overlaps.
Christina has a background of insanity, multiple step-dads and her father died at a young age, as well as having actual neurosis or even psychosis (eg. shitting, then donating her excrements to her boyfriend 'as a gift'). She struck me as quite manipulative from early on, eg. presenting herself as very nice to people but trashing them behind their back.

All in all the humour would be vulgar and repetitive, the kind of joke you could write an algorithm for. I contacted the university in Oktober 2017 (and before that) in the hopes of (1) making it stop (2) finding out what was happening.
First I figured just the act of going there would make them back off, but it didn't. So I went back a few months later and asked if Christina could be interrogated by them.
For some reason (I think it's again because of how Christina narrated it) Ray-Peat related people started to claim I tried to communicate. Despite me stressing to the university lady that I did not want to meet, but only wanted to assure my privacy and possibly be able to use my old computer instead of buying a new one.
They were very kind and sent her emails, which she ignored. A month later she started claiming that she didn't see the e-mails because she only has 'stage' (don't know the english word) so doesn't watch her inbox, but this makes no sense to me because you can see if new mails are there once you log into Toledo (the student portal) and it seems really, really unlikely to me that she didn't open Toledo once in all that time. Still a possibility, I guess.
When I contacted her mother she had no choice but to respond, yet told the uni she had no idea what was happening. She then contacted me to clear things up, but seemed to address issues I didn't even bring up (once again seemed to insinuate I tried to get in contact with her, even though she knew full well what I actually asked for - it's common in this community to manipulate the narrative to make me look bad, use of such words as 'authoritarian' and 'cultist' come in quite handy then). Everything was very weird. After that I thought she stopped, but she hasn't really (interpretable things popped up again, I think because it is my parents's network that is hacked and the insults are now in accordance with what I talk about with my mom - through e-mail - or what happens when I'm at home - though I rarely have been home for obvious reasons).

I'd be relieved if I was just imagining things, but there's so much material. Imagine something like this happen, not just the list I gave, but a 100 times and more in total (and that's only Christina). Before when I think the hacking happened there was *nothing*. You could look at her youtube channel in 2017 and all the interpretable things dated from *after* december 2014.
And now imagine that many other people related to the Ray Peat community had the same thing going on on their profiles.
Kyle Mamounis was like that too, for example. At some point my password wouldn't work on my GMail. I used autofill at the time so unless there was a bug with google it made no sense. Mamounis then posted a video online called 'STOP CHANGING MY PASSWORDS'. When I kept looking at cryptocoin charts he posted a video parodying that. Since that guy seemed to parody me pretty much daily I could write a pretty extensive list of examples here.

At some point I got annoyed by some related guy who I figured knew about me and seemed to trash me so I called him fat based on his youtube vids and he promptly hid his youtube channel (it had about 10K subs so you'd expect him to cherish it at least somewhat). Such occurrences have been rather common (I already mentioned Pranarupa closing his blog). Seems like such a strange coincidence.

There was a woman who I had met in 2012 and told about Ray Peat, who eventually treated me like shit for which her parents even apologised. She exhibited similar, manipulative behaviour. She entered the communities at some point and I noted it was really weird how much of an overlap there was with her profile too. At some point she'd make a website saying how she had had a 'bad experience' but 'got over it'. The website name was an alliteration and her other profiles had numerology. Same metaphors used to degrade me within the community were used by her, and very suddenly her friends also suddenly used these very metaphors. It got rather strange, really. When I went visiting the police to ask them for help in August 2017 her profile was hidden for a few months (immediately after). She has somewhat of a history of criminality and a brain tumour.

Some guy I used to talk to sent me some vid, which seemed like yet another derogatory comment on my looks. I deleted the e-mail. Shortly after he re-sent it. Similar (short) e-mail, same vid. I proceeded to ridicule some of his personal issues after which he told me I have no empathy and should visit a doctor, and left. I never heard of him again, but the experience was awfully strange. The same guy would ask me strange questions that seemed to come out of nowhere, but that I later on understood were in accordance with my private life (at the time I didn't consider it a possibility). He had not been like that in 2014 or before that, though I fairly regularly talked to him.

Not just the content but the timing was usually in exact accordance with things happening in my private life. What's more, when I moved out of the house and bought a new computer (to get rid of them), virtually all of the profiles that had once been interpretable weren't anymore. Notice for example how in all those months, Pranarupa did not say a single word. Many of them completely stopped posting online, they haven't posted anything since, say, September (I closed off most channels of communication for most of the time since mid-August - eg. moving away, turning of my parents's network when they're on holiday, ...).

I think they are perfectly aware how criminal the behaviour is (hence how private they keep it all), and that some people would very probably end up some time in jail if the details became known (maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up). Some other people's reputation would be damaged (though, again, that might have no effect whatsoever).

I'm not sure how I can defend myself, and it is easy for them to faint ignorance and claim I have some mental disorder. Case in point, I was already told I might have apophenia. That was Brad Abrahams btw, who was a member of Peatarian but changed his nickname (in 2015 I think). An example of an overlap with Brad's profile is how I'd note down somewhere about problems with human touch when I was younger, then shortly after Danny Roddy sharing studies on exactly that subject while Brad Abrahams shares this :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO79n-uAxA2/?taken-by=bradwtf
All of these people do their utmost best to present themselves as kind but don't seem to be able to actually put it in practice.

Any information would be appreciated. I'd pay if someone can tell me who's responsible.

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Sea - 03-30-2018

It really sucks what you went through. There are definitely a lot of really hypothyroid people in the community that either never had the empathetic part of their brain develop, or don't have enough energy to properly access it in their current states. It's unfortunate because these types of people need the most help from forums and such, yet cause the most damage to them.

Install some basic security software if you havn't already. There are a lot of really good free firewalls and malware/virus scanners out there.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus,review-2588-5.html

RE: "On Ray Peat and Danny Roddy" - Zozo - 03-31-2018

To be clear I may have a psychiatric disorder (the idea was that I might have schizophrenia, because of the possibility of all this being a bunch of delusions). Aside from this story no other aspects of my life point to an obvious need for psychiatric treatment. I have (petty) issues but they do not stand in anybody's way except my own. I went to psychiatry for a while since July last year before posting anything online. The prescribed medication - olanzapine - did not 'pop delusions' and made me very sleepy. Maybe re-doing the treatment or even finding alternative meds or approaches would help, but I can't afford sleeping 12 hours a day right now or putting too much money into this.

I am not claiming any of the aforementioned people did any hacking, I was under the impression some other person unbeknownst to me did it and made them aware of it. It's perfectly fine to me for any of you to assume this to be nothing more than a psychotic streak of mine.

As for security, thanks for the advice. I have not seen an overlap with my private life since buying a new computer and moving to an other place. Assuring this is pretty much my only concern right now.