Ray Peat Forums
My Log - Printable Version

+- Ray Peat Forums (http://www.raypeatforums.org)
+-- Forum: Metabolic Development (http://www.raypeatforums.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Bat (http://www.raypeatforums.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: My Log (/showthread.php?tid=231)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

My Log - James_001 - 02-07-2017

Hi everyone, I thought I would start this log at the suggestion of Jennifer to keep track of my progress and symptoms and also to note what sort of food I am eating and what my lifestyle is like.

For some background: 

problems: Insomnia and digestion mostly. Depression and learned helplessness as secondary symptoms.

Current diet: [attachment=40]

I try to get around 3000 calories a day, but sometimes have trouble eating that much without digestion issues. 

The juice is fresh squeezed, and the coconut oil is hydrogenated. I may switch to mct oil once I run out of the coconut oil that I have currently. 

I also use cascara throughout the day and always do the carrot. I did a course of antibiotics recently and have some more coming in the mail.  

In terms of lifestyle I do an hour or two of co2 tank breathing a day and try to get as much light as possible from lamps.

I should also note that I was healthy on a ray peat type diet a few years ago, but lost my health again due to dumb choices and lots of stress. This alone is why I am so depressed and hard on myself, if I would have just made smarter decisions I could have avoided becoming unhealthy again. Although its over now and I can't do anything abut it.

I should probably also note that Ive had a lot of health issues even when I was a kid, including extreme ocd, and anxiety so I guess I really have been unhealthy for most of my life. 

I was able to cure the ocd by using psychedelic mushrooms a few years ago, although it comes back sometimes if I get stressed or it has been awhile since I used mushrooms. 

I am really praying that I can get out of this soon and move on with my life. I plan on graduating from college in the spring and would like to be healthy enough to start working full time.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. thanks

RE: My Log - Jennifer - 02-07-2017

Yay! I'm glad you decided to do a log. I look forward to following your journey back to wellville. You took a little detour, but you got there once so you can get there again, and this time you know where the roadblocks are and can avoid them. I'm hopeful you'll have more than one thing to celebrate come graduation time. Smile

RE: My Log - James_001 - 02-07-2017

thanks jen.

Update for today, I woke up with adrenaline at five am and got a glass of juice. I fell back asleep, and overslept until ten.

Got up, had some milk, coffee, oxtail, broth, thyroid, cascara, and juice. Now I feel pretty okay sitting in front of my lights, and about to start a carbon dioxide session.

Also, I was wondering what people think about types of thyroid?

Im currently doing 37.5 mg of t3, and a half a grain of desiccated thyroid. I struggle with finding the right dose and combo to use. Its not an option for me to come off completely, it makes me feel awful to not be taking any.

RE: My Log - VoS - 02-07-2017

(02-07-2017, 09:27 PM)James_001 Wrote: Also, I was wondering what people think about types of thyroid?

Im currently doing 37.5 mg of t3, and a half a grain of desiccated thyroid. I struggle with finding the right dose and combo to use. Its not an option for me to come off completely, it makes me feel awful to not be taking any.

Do you mean mcg of t3? Is it t3 only, or a combo with t4.

The body produces about 3-5 mcg of t3 an hour. The suggested dose is to cut the pill or nibble it, in order to take 3 mcg of t3 at a time, about every hour or two. Balance with progesterone.

Yes mcg- its t3 only, I nibble on the pills and have found that is how much I need to keep my metabolism up.

I'll get some progesterone, I'm just nervous about using it as a male...

@vos do you run into digestion issues with the mct oil? I am kind of afraid to use it lol...

I was also thinking about experimenting with using co2 at night while I sleep, has anyone tried this?

RE: My Log - James_001 - 02-08-2017

[attachment=41]

RE: My Log - James_001 - 02-08-2017

Woke up today with a highish pulse, 74 bp. I can't take my temp as my thermometer is out of batteries and I can't find a replacement battery.

Had some milk, oj, coffee, thyroid. Atleast I slept until 5:30 or 6ish this morning, although I couldn't sleep until midnight or so. Will report back later.